Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Uke Minutes 4 - DIY Ukulele Case Humidifier

i made the dehumidifier mentioned and i actually noticed a difference (humidity is ridiculous were i live) in the sound im quite amazed thanks so much everyone

Default Body Distortion

...I've got some very slight cracking on the uke's body, on the outside, where the bottom, inside strut (there are two) connect/touch the body walls. I contaced the maker and he thought something had shrank.

If you run your finger over the spot, you feel a slight rise.

After reading this issue about humidity, and living in San Diego, I'm thinking maybe the air got too dry. Mine hangs on the wall (not in a case).

Current humidity is 54%. However there are days when it's in the single digits.

Live and learn
    Level: Beginner
    Uke: Lehua Tenor

Default Reliability?????

Is the homemade, PEZ dispenser humidifier actually reliable?? Is it actually ok to use this as your normal humidifier???

I was hanging out at our local Richmond Ukulele shop this weekend. The owner, Rob Deel (ukulele4u on ebay) suggested the Herco Humidifier. He had a more expensive model but said this would work fine. I only paid about $4 for it. You just soak it in water for about 5 minutes twice a month and you are good to go.

Ron

Thread Information