Thread: Hello (from) Cleveland!

Default Hello (from) Cleveland!

Hi, I'm Darren. I'm brand new to the ukulele. I've played percussion off and on for about 20 years, from kit to djembes and cajons.
    I got a little bored and decided to see what else is out there, and tried the mandolin and hammered dulcimer. Then a couple months ago I picked up a ukulele and now have a hard time putting it down!
    I started with an Ohana TK 35G, found it larger than I'd like; too many chords are too difficult to stretch just yet. Then Wednesday, I got a Mainland Red Cedar soprano which is excellent! And for the trifecta, this Wednesday, UPS is delivering a Koaloha concert which I'm really excited about.
    Ukulele Underground is a terrific resource I look forward to taking advantage of!

Edit: First post faux pas! Posted in the wrong board! D'oh!
    Last edited by Lideruke; 04-09-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Howdy fro a bit south of you. I am new to the uke and it took over so I'm selling my dunduns. Wanna buy em?
    http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/fo...-a-ukulele!%29

Happy uking!

Quote Originally Posted by pootsie View Post
    Howdy fro a bit south of you. I am new to the uke and it took over so I'm selling my dunduns. Wanna buy em?
    http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/fo...-a-ukulele!%29

Happy uking!
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm all drummed out for now! I'm just focusing on the uke for a while.

I hear ya. Me too. Now if only I can get someone to buy the drums to support my new habit!!!!!

Thread Information