The electronics in my eleuke are messed up, should i take it somewhere orrr...?

singnswimgirl

Reaction score
I've had a Koa Concert-sized Eleuke (SLC-MP3) since last Christmas and everything had been sounding great....until recently I noticed when plugging it in my amp that it makes a static sound. I'm sure it's the eleuke with the problem too because I've tried plugging in different cords and different amps, but it still makes the same noise. Nobody around here in TN knows about electric ukuleles, but there are some electric guitar shops around that are willing to take a look at it. Should I take it to a place like that or is that potentially harmful to my instrument? Or should I send it off somewhere?? I'm just not sure what to do.

People have been trouble with the eleukes lately xD. You should do a search on the forum and see if you can find anything that'll help. The first thing that comes to mind is "Did you change batteries?" so I am obviously no help. Try and search some stuff though.

Mim walked me through an easy fix for that. PM me and I'll try to find the email.

Do you still have the info on how to fix that? I'm having an issue with my eleuke concert. I got it used off ebay and initially it was that the G and C strings were very quite compared to the E and A strings. I took it to a music place, and they said the pickup was in the wrong spot, moved it and it works much better. All the strings were the same sound. Problem is when I strum it i get a staticy fuzz noise. At first I thought it was my amp but i tried it with headphones and got the same issue. I tried changing the batteries and it did not help. The volume is not all the way up, and it does not matter what i set the tone knob to.

Any info you could give me would be fantastic. Thanks!

Sorry, I no longer have the instructions...
...but it was pretty simple. When you open-up the back panel to expose the wiring you will see there is a metal braided wire coming from the PU. Simply bind it to the plastic shielded wire next to it with a couple twist ties so it does not move around. The movement of the braided wire is was creates the noise.
I did that, and the noise went away.

Do you still have the info on how to fix that? I'm having an issue with my eleuke concert. I got it used off ebay and initially it was that the G and C strings were very quite compared to the E and A strings. I took it to a music place, and they said the pickup was in the wrong spot, moved it and it works much better. All the strings were the same sound. Problem is when I strum it i get a staticy fuzz noise. At first I thought it was my amp but i tried it with headphones and got the same issue. I tried changing the batteries and it did not help. The volume is not all the way up, and it does not matter what i set the tone knob to.

Any info you could give me would be fantastic. Thanks!

Top Bottom