Solid body? Steel Strings?? ROCK ONN!! (jupiter creek)

masterolive

Reaction score
ok, ill cut to the chase.
Im a Music enthusiast,
Young,
and broke.

Ive got a pineapple Lani uke from 2 yrs ago, and a recent 8 stringer acoustic electric. :eek: and i love them to death.
Im not gonna sit here and bore you to death about how much passion and heart ache i have for owning an electric steel string ukulele,

Ill just tell you have been drooling over pictures the past year hoping one day i can magically accumulate money to buy one. :drool:

My wife is an amazing musical artist, i can't keep up with her cutting edge crystal silk voice and incredible piano/classical guitar playing, (she blushed and pretends not to... be she knows she's good, she dam well knows! :mad: )
But over all I'm able to fit in well using the 8 stringer.

But recently we have gotten into playing tons of Classic rock, Alternative music, and If i only had one of those nice solid body steel string ukes... ugh i get butterflies just talking about it.

Anyways, I recently discovered Jupiter Creek!!
and to my dismay his eBay inventory is empty. :eek:

I have been following up on electric uke makers for a wile, but I'm growing desperate, i need more choices, hoping i can find something as affordable and quality sounding as Jupiter creek.

These are the Places i know so far:

-Monkey Wrench Music
Doesn't seem like there is much of a choice, and its hard to pinpoint when he will make one, aside from this, the average cost is around 600$, and i still haven't seen any youtube vids of someone playing ol rock riffs, so Im afraid to gamble that price, its not often i can spend 600$ on a single instrument.

Manndolins
He makes these amazing ukuleles, but unfortunately they are hand sculpted from solid gold and touched by baby jesus and bathed in holy forever youth water.
These ukes have the sound I'm looking for, and i have seen the videos of people rocking out on them, but they range from 2000-3000$, i wouldn't see one of those unless i hit the lottery!

RISA Ukes
Just found these today,
They look great, love the LP look, and i like the skinny neck.
(closer the strings for me the better)
But looks are nothing to me, and i haven't found enough video evidence to tell wether or not they are worth 500$ for the sound and style I'm looking for.

Besides, I'm talking like ill have 500$ at some point, I'm just dreaming.

And lastly: (but not least)
Jupiter Creek
Saw pics
Saw many vids
Saw Price
Want one right now.
Guy Vanishes from thin air

After a year of oggley drooling over the web, Jupiter Creek was my savior, nice sounding ukes, Affordable price, good person to work with.
Im so disappointed there aren't any on ebay...
I don't currently have 300$, but i sure could work that amount up for something this special.

So i was wondering if anyone here knows of any other places that may sell Electric Solid Body, Steel String Ukes.

Im looking for a TENOR uke, and i prefer the neck to be on the skinny side, i don't really like the fatty necks and wide spaces between the strings.

I don't care much for the shape, and i don't give a dam about the finish or cosmetics, i care about quality sound,
I'd rather pay extra to have a guy spend 24 hours precisely checking the intonation to make sure its pitch perfect and crisp.

And lastly, I'm broke :c
so like, anything under 500$ would be really cool lol.
(Used is ok as long as the important things like Intonation and health of the electric components is good)

EDIT:
Forgot to mention that i considered buying a cheap Solid body electric "Tenor" Guitar and tuning it to GCEA, turns out the chords are different.

Any thoughts or opinions, please reply, and thanks so much for your time.
-Andre

Last edited:
Make one to your own specs. ;)

I Currently Travel on tour for a living,
however i would LOVE to design my own if i had the Space/Time/Tools.

Just Started watching Kamoa Evolv vids....
I almost cried... and i think i have to get 500$ to get one of these things...

Epiphone Mandobird

Have you seen the Epiphone Mandobird? Solid body, steel strings, super skinny neck, about an inch at the nut. Can be tuned G-C-E-A, I did it, works great with the stock strings.

Have you seen the Epiphone Mandobird? Solid body, steel strings, super skinny neck, about an inch at the nut. Can be tuned G-C-E-A, I did it, works great with the stock strings.

Whats the size?
(in relation to Ukes Soprano Concert Tenor?)

Its seems a little to...
Poppy...Sunshine... if that makes sense...

Im looking for a sound more like this:

Only idk if i can afford one,
Jupiter Creek was the most affordable selection with the sound that i wanted.

so idk about the mando bird... maybe it was just the quality of the videos,

I am in South Korea teaching and I was thinking of going into Seoul to buy a steel-string electric ukulele on Saturday. There is a Korean uke-maker who just started a line of electric ukes that are designed as Stratocasters, Telecasters or Gibson Les Pauls. They sound sweet, although I am no expert. They look great, though. If I get one this weekend, I will post some pics and give details.

I am in South Korea teaching and I was thinking of going into Seoul to buy a steel-string electric ukulele on Saturday. There is a Korean uke-maker who just started a line of electric ukes that are designed as Stratocasters, Telecasters or Gibson Les Pauls. They sound sweet, although I am no expert. They look great, though. If I get one this weekend, I will post some pics and give details.

Oh please do. Everyone copies the LP shape but the strats and tele shapes are where it's at!

Ohhh the way the initial post has been written made me really smile :). Also, just like you, broken and on the search for a well-sounding electric uke. Luckily no super-skilled woman around ;). Did you finish your search, or sold (unluckily lucky) some songs?
I hope to get very soon my fingers on a RISA LP and will give then the monkey wrench a try! The Kamoa might be a slightly to loud for my roommates.. :(

.. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom