#006 Mahogany Tenor Under Way

Finished at last! It just now got strung up with Titaniums and it sounds fine preliminarily. I'm anxious to get a few days into it and see how it shapes up.

7317569782_56b1b7de11_c.jpg

7317573304_289a451ebe_c.jpg

7317571760_793d5794fa_c.jpg

A couple more photos:

7317574974_81671fd214_c.jpg

7317576930_4aed8d3bde_c.jpg

Last edited:
Wow...it is really attractive ukulele. Love the simplicity.
Any chance to post some sound sample?

What kind of bead do you use under the bridge?

Thanks, JC!

I haven't quite got the sound thing figured out, but I will when I get a chance. In the meantime, here's a video that someone else made of one of my pineapples:

I just tie a knot. The holes are drilled with a #60 bit ( .040" I think) and the carbon bridge plate is plenty strong enough to take the stress.

It's stunning David, absolutely gorgeous. Gee, I think it's the prettiest mahogany uke I've seen. Congratulations on another fine build mate.

Thank you, Jon. I've always known that you have good taste in instruments! ;)

Beautiful work. You've got a great aesthetic sense... knew it just from your label. The neck and headstock are just gorgeous. Love to hear it given the pineapple sounds great.

Thanks for sharing.

And thank you, Bill, for the encouragement.

Last edited:
Thanks, Jon. I'll try that next time. In the meantime, I figured out how to do it on youtube. You do have to include a picture but no big deal.

In each of these clips, #006 is first, followed by the same thing on a Collings koa tenor to provide a point of reference. I didn't like the Titaniums (too bright) so it now has soft Worth browns.

Last edited:
But only one can be done per post so here is the other:

This sounds great! And it's pretty, too. Nice work!

Thanks, lulu!

I drove through Vermont just last week - sorry I missed you!.

It's a pretty drive, isn't it?

Did your friend enjoy this uke?

Much better than pretty. We went from Burlington along the lake to Lake George. The scenery is subtler than ours but beautiful in its own way. It is especially nice to drive through the intensely green deciduous forests instead of the evergreens that dominate in our area.

I gave the uke to Sarah just before we left to go back east and haven't talked to her yet. She's a beginner so I hope that she has been practicing her chords!

Last edited:
When we moved here from SoCal we could hardly believe how lush it was. Now we forget how brown SoCal can be.

Congrats again on a beautiful uke. I'm sure Sarah feels very lucky to have it.

Top Bottom