any pedal users out there?

patico

Reaction score
everyone who likes plying with pedals, name yours

i like delay, phaser n flanger

Whenever I'm performing, I would just use my bass effects pedal for the reverb.

For a long time I was hung up on getting lots of pedals. Then I got a Zoom G3. Unbelievable. I use it mainly for delay, reverb, and chorus on my 'ukulele, but it rages with my strat too.

I have a Zoom G2. The effects vary in quality/usability (at least for a uke). I've mostly played around with it at home, but am slowwwwwwly incorporating it into performing, although trying to avoid making it seem gimmicky.

When I want to have some real fun, I run my lowG CBU thru this:

Dunlop Volume Pedal, Boss: RV-2 Reverb, DD-2 Delay, CE-3 Chorus, GE-7 EQ, LR Baggs Paracoustic DI
Then I split the signal to a PA and Fender Twin / '69 Marshall 100w half stack bi-amp set up.

I've a ME50b (left over from another life) that I'm mis-using as a headphone amp on a Risa uke-stick.

As a newbie, I'm liking the chorus+reverb effect, the long pseudo-sustain masks my furtive fretting, and the chorus ensures that one of the frequencies coming out is one that I'm aiming for.

I may even pick up an Amplug Twin as a pocketable equivalent.

Perhaps later on, when I know what I'm doing with a fretboard, I'll pick up one of the EHX POG/HOG family. The Youtube videos that feature them are remarkable.

For my guitar rig I play a Fender jaguar through an Egnater Rebel 30 head and a Peavey 5150 4x12 cabinet. My pedal board consists of a cry baby wah, poly tuner, digitech rock distortion, digitech digidelay, and a Boss Space Echo. I use the amps reverb (it never gets turned off).

For ukulele and acoustic guitar, I use a line 6 M-5 (it is basically all of their stomp boxes in one really small pedal), and an Akai Headrush II Loop pedal to a Marshall AE(?) 50 acoustic amp. The ukuleles are a flea concert and a tenor mainland. I play a Martin D-15 with an LR Baggs active soundhole pick up. Yeah, I like gear a lot.

I use chorus just about anytime I plug in. I've been really happy with the MXR Analog Chorus. I could have paid less for the same pedal in the Zak Wylde version but... yeah no. First time you ever pay MORE to NOT have an artist name on it.

I need a delay, but I'm wary of the seemingly best one in my price range, the TC Flashback. If you go to the TC forums, major quality issues on all their pedals. It's a shame, but that's why I hold off on getting delay.

The cool thing with the Analog pedal is the stereo out. The Roland Mobile Cube uses both speakers for stereo if you plug in to both inputs. It makes for a bigger sound in a still tiny package.

Not so much a pedal rig but still..
Roland Microcube is my go to amp. Well my only amp.
But for more variety I use NI Guitar Rig 4 on my laptop.
Or run it through Peavey Ampkit on my iPad or iTouch. Still waiting for a good solution for any of my two Droid smartphones. So far my only truly pocketable solution is an Apogee Jam interface and my iPod Touch.

As I mentioned in another thread, I used to have an obsession with effects pedals. When I worked at Carlsboro, my favourite section of the shop was the huge pedal display.

I don't own or have any need for them any longer, I just model them in Cinema 4D when I need the practice...

mxr.jpg

Forget Rihanna, the sexiest thing in music is a pedal board.

If I could only have one pedal it would be the El Capistan by Strymon. You can hear some sound clips here- http://www.strymon.net/products/elcapistan/ - Mike Love turned me on to this company and all of their pedals are ridiculous. Mind Blowing. The thing with ukes though is, if you are gonna use pedals, they should be really good pedals or it just kills your tone. If you are on a budget, and want to try lots of effects, the ME-70 from Boss is better than other multi boards. It also has a looper which everyone should have, great practice tool. Kalei bought an ME-70 from us and I did sound for him while he used it a few times. It sounded pretty good, but Kalei Gamiao's natural talent and tastefulness had a lot to do with that. Feeding it in with the expression pedal for enhancement or ambiance.
This was a demo Mike did with my pedal board. At the time I was all about the Redwitch pedals, another great pedal maker. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjAUqR8B6uw

Top Bottom