Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: English chaps (and chapettes)

Default English chaps (and chapettes)

What is our overall humidity considered to be for the purposes of looking after a solid Uke' ?

Not sure on the numbers, but so long as you don't stick a uke next to a radiator in the uk I'd be amazed if you needed to check on humidity.

I have had ukes and solid guitars for 30 years and never had an issue. Always keep in a case, out of sunlight and away from central heating. We have a spare room in which heating is turned pretty much all the way down.nall my instruments live in there.
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

Cheers. Pretty much the same as I've always done with my instruments. Now all I need to do is keep my dogs away from it.

I've more of a background in the double bass and when I was studying this was a hotly debated subject in class and at festivals. In the UK as bazmaz says it's really not a problem if you're careful where you store your instrument. Where I studied, they had a fine collection of instruments that ranged into the hundred's of thousands of pounds and none of them were in a humidity controlled environment or sported humidifiers. The hotter weather can be a worry but really it's more your central heating that will be the killer which means you should be more careful in the winter months and obviously when going from cold to hot environments with a sudden change - but that's another topic. I keep all my instruments in one room and at my piano technician's advice I keep a bowl of water under the piano which I'm not exactly enthralled with, but it gives the dog something to drink when she's taking a break at barking at the pedals! :-s

Unfortunately, the bowl of water isn't an option for me. The St Bernard can turn a gallon of water into egg white in 15 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Kahuna View Post
    The St Bernard can turn a gallon of water into egg white in 15 seconds.
    I don't think I've ever read a sentence that's described a dog's action so perfectly.

That's when he can be bothered to get off his sofa...

george.jpg

The combined weight of him & our Pyrenean Mountain Dog is 320lbs. Not a great environment for playing Ukulele unless you want to turn your instrument into a folding Uke'

I'm going to have to be very careful where I put it down.

That's one big dorgie. Gorgeous though - I particularly like the burlesque style pose. We've a Border Terrier ourselves. Smaller dog. Still a big handful though.

You could understand how they might fancy a bit of a 'shred' on a uke!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Kahuna View Post

The combined weight of him & our Pyrenean Mountain Dog is 320lbs.
    Now that's a lot of dog!!!
    You, sir, are the devil. --Tammy
    10:32789

The Dinkster.jpg

My dog when I play the uke. I have to remind him I AM the one that feeds him!
    You, sir, are the devil. --Tammy
    10:32789

Thread Information