Next San Jose Meet Up and Jam! 11/23

dinkadink

Reaction score
Hey all! So, we had so much fun a couple of weeks ago that we're doin' it again on November 23rd. That's a Sunday- from noon to 4pm. It will be at the same place: The Poor House Bistro (91 S. Autumn Street, San Jose). The staff there raved about us to management and they want us to come back.

I know I'll be less nervous this time around having met a bunch of you in person already.

So, pack up your ukes and head to San Jose on November 23rd! I'd love to triple the attendance this time, so we can triple the fun! I should have some videos up soon of the last jam...

See you all in SJ!
-Heather

id love to go, but i will be in TN for a college walkthrough. i will arrange one when i get back as well. hope you guys have fun.

Well, I requested it off, so hopefully I'll make it this time! Hopefully I can drag along some north bay braddas.

Shoots, I guess I betta practice now...

Should we pick some choices for songs? That way we can print out music and let everyone have a copy to try an sing along wid. Just a suggestion.

that sounds great man. hey heather can i do another set? ill print out some lyrics and stuff too.

im in fasho i might be able to bring some people

Well, I requested it off, so hopefully I'll make it this time! Hopefully I can drag along some north bay braddas.

Shoots, I guess I betta practice now...

Should we pick some choices for songs? That way we can print out music and let everyone have a copy to try an sing along wid. Just a suggestion.

Yes!!! That's a great idea!

that sounds great man. hey heather can i do another set? ill print out some lyrics and stuff too.

Of course, Ed!! If anyone wants to do a more "formal" set like that, let me know. But, like last time, we'll open the mic up if anyone wants to do a song. We all got a lot less shy after some beers, and just about everyone got on stage at one point or another! And I'll ask Jay for more microphones this time. Two wasn't quite enough.

ah I went last time but didn't have a ukulele so I just watched and ate and now this time I'm gonna be out of town.

bad luck I guess

Yes!!! That's a great idea!

Of course, Ed!! If anyone wants to do a more "formal" set like that, let me know. But, like last time, we'll open the mic up if anyone wants to do a song. We all got a lot less shy after some beers, and just about everyone got on stage at one point or another! And I'll ask Jay for more microphones this time. Two wasn't quite enough.

thanks Heather.

I'll be there! What group songs are we doing? I probably need to start practicing soon.

I'll be there! What group songs are we doing? I probably need to start practicing soon.

Start throwin out suggestions!

A given: Honey Baby...

I'll sing "Stuck on You" as covered by Ekolu (cuz thas the only song that I can kinda do)

If Mike (HeavyJumbo) goes again, I'm sure there'll be a lotta popular jawaiian songs. Les jus get a consensus goin eh?

i might be able to go to this, but i don't know how to get tehre from san jose state..

I'm coming from campus too. Last time I took the light rail from the Paseo de San Antonio station. It's the one heading towards Winchester, get off at the San Fernando station. From there it's just about a block or two. Let me know if you need better directions.

I'm coming from campus too. Last time I took the light rail from the Paseo de San Antonio station. It's the one heading towards Winchester, get off at the San Fernando station. From there it's just about a block or two. Let me know if you need better directions.

I am pretty sure I will be able to come, and I am open to picking anyone up from the area who needs rides...just let me know who and where.

alright Jakes coming out again. wat songs u gonna WOW us with this time mr i only know 3 songs

haha....well to be honest I really only know the 3 pieces I played last time...and also the star spangled banner. I'll see if I can't get at least one other piece to play so I don't start sounding like a record player.

Top Bottom