Seasons of the Ukulele: Week 13

Greetings!
Here is my entry for motherhood week:

The combination of maudlin sentimentality, classic male chauvinism and creepy descriptions of bodily functions proved irresistible.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/(You're)_Having_My_Baby
"It was voted the #1 "Worst Song of All Time" in a poll conducted by CNN.com in 2006"

Had some songs that I really wanted to do, but they were a little over my head. And had been done way better than I could :
http://youtu.be/_xGkftJDOuk
http://youtu.be/fO1ni-0lNnE

magnificent. Peewee you are one seriously funny guy man...there's comedy clubs screaming for you as we speak. Superb and dry as the dust. :biglaugh: oh, glad the birth went well, that's one pretty lil' munchkin you got there :p

@peewee - great job my friend :) loved it and very impressed by your falsetto singing, also loved that scarf you had on :)
Thanks! I didn't know I had the falsetto in me either..maybe I can pull off those high lonesome bluegrass harmonies one day..looking forward to your Mum song.

magnificent. Peewee you are one seriously funny guy man...there's comedy clubs screaming for you as we speak. Superb and dry as the dust. :biglaugh: oh, glad the birth went well, that's one pretty lil' munchkin you got there :p
Glad I'm getting some laughs, thanks for the encouragement, it is really appreciated you guys!
For the record, I am a parent, and was indispensable at OUR daughter's birth, feeding the mrs. ice chips and breathing along..

Eugene your Lolly song is great, how could I not know that? Lolly is my sister's nickname, and I would remember that number! Nice job as always, you're an inspiration.

I guess I'm gonna have to host one of these someday soon, week 17 looks good from here..

Oh and if someone has a lot of time and skill, here's a good one for multitracking,
When I See Mommy I Feel Like a Mummy

okay...i was thinking readermo had the best so far, picking whirlwind!...eugene's was swell also, always a fan favorite!
wee-ginga man, ethereal mastermind, ...daddy, swell song and great t-shirt...want one! others were good, ... but now this...
i'm not sure it could get any better. good job peewee! love the scarf! nice touch!

hoping i get to do a vid, i am having one of those weeks lol had shower explode on me this morning water everywhere, my wife has had to rush off to her aunts so im home alone for a week :( and just went to take the rubbish out and locked myself out, so couldnt get into flat and im still waiting for the plumber/electrician, so just ran for ever to the rental place to get spare set. shame it wasnt the blues week this week lol.
Anyway fingers crossed i can get my chosen song done :) loved the entries so far , great work everyone

hoping i get to do a vid, i am having one of those weeks lol had shower explode on me this morning water everywhere, my wife has had to rush off to her aunts so im home alone for a week :( and just went to take the rubbish out and locked myself out, so couldnt get into flat and im still waiting for the plumber/electrician, so just ran for ever to the rental place to get spare set. shame it wasnt the blues week this week lol.
Anyway fingers crossed i can get my chosen song done :) loved the entries so far , great work everyone
Sheesh Dave...sounds like a domestic nightmare. I'm here if you need counselling brother :p

(note to wives: don't ever leave us alone in the house by ourselves for toooo long...things happen, ya know?) he he

okay...i was thinking readermo had the best so far, picking whirlwind!...eugene's was swell also, always a fan favorite!
wee-ginga man, ethereal mastermind, ...daddy, swell song and great t-shirt...want one! others were good, ... but now this...
i'm not sure it could get any better. good job peewee! love the scarf! nice touch!
Whoa! High praise indeed. I may have found my niche, stay tuned for my triple LP of mellow hits of the 70s.
Kinda like the Circle Jerks "Golden Shower of Hits"

My week 13 entry! I covered There Is Nothing by Clem Snide, however I changed a few of the lyrics to fit the theme a bit better. Is that cheating? In any case, here's to all the wonderful mothers out there.

Perhaps it was something about your demeanour but your performance somehow
the reminded me of Will Ferrell singing Wreckless Eric-Whole Wide World

The only thing that was missing was the unexpected big kiss at the end.

Sheesh Dave...sounds like a domestic nightmare. I'm here if you need counselling brother :p

(note to wives: don't ever leave us alone in the house by ourselves for toooo long...things happen, ya know?) he he

Cheers Jon :shaka: greatly appreciated, well i have done a song, but my performance is very lacklustre and not to good, the frustrations of my uke playing up is getting to me lol. Anyway will upload soon.

Hi all and here is my lacklustre performance, blame a bad day and a frustrating c-string. thanks freeda for running this week :)

hope the week improves Dave. This was a really lovely performance actually mate, very moving...such an intense song and my guess is that it was a good match for your mood when you sang it. Have vivid memories of this as a 17 and 18 year old when we were all listening to Floyd, it was one of the first songs I ever learnt on guitar so the lyrics are etched in my brain. Enjoyed it a lot brother, thanks.

hope the week improves Dave. This was a really lovely performance actually mate, very moving...such an intense song and my guess is that it was a good match for your mood when you sang it. Have vivid memories of this as a 17 and 18 year old when we were all listening to Floyd, it was one of the first songs I ever learnt on guitar so the lyrics are etched in my brain. Enjoyed it a lot brother, thanks.
Thanks as ever Jon for your continued support :) it means a great deal to get feedback from our uke icons :) it was the first time i actually ever had to force myself to play the uke, as it is playing up i found it very distracting and also it was quite emotional for me to sing a mom song. Hoping to get a bruko no6 soon fingers crossed.
Was debating to do a kazoo solo in the middle as dave gilmores solos in this song are some of my faves, but i couldnt really figure anything out so thought i would stick to the trusty strummin . thanks for your encouragement :)

Thanks as ever Jon for your continued support :) it means a great deal to get feedback from our uke icons :) it was the first time i actually ever had to force myself to play the uke, as it is playing up i found it very distracting and also it was quite emotional for me to sing a mom song. Hoping to get a bruko no6 soon fingers crossed.
Was debating to do a kazoo solo in the middle as dave gilmores solos in this song are some of my faves, but i couldnt really figure anything out so thought i would stick to the trusty strummin . thanks for your encouragement :)
good thing you didn't go with the kazoo mate, would have wrecked the mood of it. Don't think that one needs anything but simple strumming and singing. The tone of the lyric says all that needs to be said. Sorry of the sadness of losing your mum, I dread that day too Dave, my mum will be 80 this year...wow, how did that happen. As for the Bruko...an excellent choice I reckon. I had a #6 and still regret letting it go. Light and bright, superbly built...I love em. Blessings brother, look after yourself while the wife's away.

good thing you didn't go with the kazoo mate, would have wrecked the mood of it. Don't think that one needs anything but simple strumming and singing. The tone of the lyric says all that needs to be said. Sorry of the sadness of losing your mum, I dread that day too Dave, my mum will be 80 this year...wow, how did that happen. As for the Bruko...an excellent choice I reckon. I had a #6 and still regret letting it go. Light and bright, superbly built...I love em. Blessings brother, look after yourself while the wife's away.
Many thanks my friend :) the uke ,this forum and the wonderful people here have been my guardian angels :) I am playing with my uke club tomorrow at the Hospice my mum was at they are having a spring fete fundraiser :) hope your keeping well to Jon and have a great weekend :)

Hi all and here is my lacklustre performance, blame a bad day and a frustrating c-string. thanks freeda for running this week :)

Great song choice, Daveey!

Hey...has anyone done Bohemian Rhapsody for this week?

John

Well, done, Davey. This was my first choice, but now I'd better look for a back-up. Though my time has nearly run out, and I may have to just sit this week out anyhow. Sigh.

Top Bottom