UWC Sessions

CoLmes

UU+
Reaction score
This is just an idea that I've been messing with for the last few weeks. I wanted to see if there would be any interest and to make sure Mike was okay with it before I put it out into the universe.

I've been thinking about the people that come to UWC lately. We who go there come from all different walks of life, from different corners of the world. It amazes me how so many different types of people can just come to Indiana one weekend and play the uke. Nothing more.

Everyone has different styles, different musical tastes, different skill levels, different characters. I thought it would be really cool to showcase this at an individual level.

My idea - UWC sessions I'm calling it until I think of something better - is to have a simple camera and microphone setup in the corner of the field w/ a chair. People who want to can come over and I'll record one song that they want to share. The big tent and stage will be in the background so while this person is playing and the one thing in total focus, you can still see the life of UWC behind them. I would probably only do it for one day for a few hours.

I think it would be a cool idea to get a feel of the festival if you haven't gone to it and also see the different personalities we have at UWC.

Would anyone be interested?

It certainly sounds like something worth trying. You can count on me to ham it up for a couple of minutes. :)

Colin, I think it I'd a great idea. If I come I'd do a song.

That sounds like a excellent idea, Colin. It will be just days until we meet again.

I am SO in! BRILLIANT idea, little brother.

Sure, why not?

Amazing venture good sir. I would be honored to participate.

It's a wonderful idea, Colin. One day, a few hours so you can have time for yourself to get out there and play uke too.

It's a wonderful idea, Colin. One day, a few hours so you can have time for yourself to get out there and play uke too.

As a noob and total pile of suck at this point, I volunteer instead to help babysit the camera to assist in this project while Colin (who can actually play) goes and plays

As a noob and total pile of suck at this point, I volunteer instead to help babysit the camera to assist in this project while Colin (who can actually play) goes and plays

Nah...you don't get off that easy! Seriously, if Colin is trying to put this video together as a video representative of what UWC is all about we need the beginners to represent as well. Trust me, there are plenty of folks full of suck at UWC (self included) and it. just. doesn't. matter. You'll never find a more supportive bunch to make your first public "appearance."

I think that's the truly unique thing about UWC is that there are people of all experience, skill, and talent levels - from those who make their living on stage to folks who picked up a ukulele last week and learned their first three chords - all just rubbin' elbows and having a grand old time!

John

I'm happy everyone is taking to this idea. I've thought about it some more and I think it will be very very cool to see the different people that make up UWC.

I want all talent levels, if you love to play uke I want you to sit down for a recording. Right now I'm thinking Saturday will be the day, thats when the majority of people will be there. Just going to set up shop with a few (a lot) cans of beer and have people come over.

I would love to see this video.

I'm happy everyone is taking to this idea. I've thought about it some more and I think it will be very very cool to see the different people that make up UWC.

I want all talent levels, if you love to play uke I want you to sit down for a recording. Right now I'm thinking Saturday will be the day, thats when the majority of people will be there. Just going to set up shop with a few (a lot) cans of beer and have people come over.

Hmm...beer? I'm in! even though I've never performed in front of other people (except for one u-tube video for a contest here) :eek:

Top Bottom