Moku Ukulele Giveaway Contest !

mikemulqueen

Reaction score
The Moku Uke Giveaway-Bob Marley Cover
I’m a HUGE Bob Marley fan and I’m looking for creativeness and somebody that can make the song “their own”.
The challenge is to cover any Bob Marley Song of your choice. You must Feature the Ukulele and sing the lyrics.

Prize-Moku Choice Series SFT-46 Tenor Model.(Solid Mahogany)

Rules:
•1To enter,reply to this thread by posting a YouTube video by the Deadline Saturday June 30 12:00 pm (West Coast). Or (optional) post On Moku Youtube channel.
2. Each Video must have begin with your name and a mention of the - Moku Ukulele Giveaway .For Example- “Hi I’m John Smith and this is for the Moku Ukulele giveaway contest”.
3. One take only no retakes, no over dubs .
4. One entry per Uke Player

Judge
I will be judging the song . I’m judging the song based on the following criteria: Uke Playing,Singing,and originality.

www.mokuukes.com
https://www.facebook.com/Mokuukes

Last edited:
Hmmmm, sounds like fun. Do I get bonus points if I put my hair in dreads? :)

John

If my looper pedal get here in time can I use that but live? To play the bassline, rhythm and melody too? Sounds great on Bob Marley songs, count me in either way, I love Bob!!

Hey Paulie-if we could keep it stripped down-just Ukulele and Vocals that would be great ! looking forward to hearing you jam on some Marley !
Thanks
Mike@Moku Ukuleles

can you elaborate a bit more on what you mean when you say "no over dubs"?

i'm thinkin' i'll give this one a try!

I can't do any video in one take. Do you really mean one take?

I can't do any video in one take. Do you really mean one take?
Now I am not the contest sponsor, but in general one take doesn't necessarily mean the first take. It just means one continuous unedited video. It could be you hundredth take.

can you elaborate a bit more on what you mean when you say "no over dubs"?

i'm thinkin' i'll give this one a try!

I'm not the contest sponsor either, but overdubbing is when you record extra tracks such as backing vocals or other instruments and edit (dub) them into the audio over the original recording.

wow what a comp, will try my hardest to enter, as i do like a bit of bob :) i have a song just gotta try to learn it and fit in between the seasons ongoing comp :)

How does bob marley like his doughnuts? ...... Jammin :)

Thanks J-Peg ! Yes overdubs is adding a track like bass & drums,etc that is from a tape recorder CD etc. that isn't live. The contest is onlyto feature Uke & Vocals-also in response to the first take question-please just do one take (whichever take is the best choose) not several tries at a tune in the video . Hope this clears things up! Looking forward to Jamming to some Marley music on Ukulele !
Mike@MOku Ukuleles

SFT46-Front.jpg
Here is a picture of the Moku SFT-46 Tenor Uke-Solid Mahogany,Maple Binding,Arched Back, Geared Tuners,Aquilla Strings -Really sweet sounding Tenor !

Top Bottom