Chance to Win a Dominator Tenor Ukulele

Dominator

Reaction score
Chance to Win a Dominator Tenor Ukulele - UPDATE

Check here for initial details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTDiBc9r9UM

UPDATE:

As I mentioned previously we just got back from another outstanding UWC and then onto visiting family in Ohio. I see there has been some talk about whether I should give this new ukulele away or offer a different ukulele, such as the spruce top I used to perform at Jake’s film screening, or even build another one for that matter.

Here’s the deal. I don’t get enough consistent shop time with all the other irons I have in the fire so building another ukulele for the UU-Giveaway is really not an option. My wife never gets attached to any of the ukuleles I build. To her they are just another instrument added to the collection. However, she has become very attached to this particular ukulele. She was with me several years ago and actually helped pick out this particular billet of Koa. This was before the 50lb weight restriction per bag and she packed it nice and snug in our suitcase for the trip home. Additionally, some people at UWC expressed interest in having a “seasoned” uke that I had played for a while together with some photo and/or video documentation. Although we have some documentation from UWC, Joanne feels the uke would take on better “Mojo” if we take it back to its origin, on Kauai, for me to play as we celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary. If Aldrine isn’t traveling at that time he can play it and add a little of his Mojo too!

This trip is in mid October and the contest would be conducted shortly thereafter. Actually, I don’t want to refer to it as a contest but would rather call it a “raffle”. I want everyone to have an equal chance to win the ukulele regardless of playing ability etc. Most likely this will be accomplished by opening a thread here at UU for a specific time period (say one week or 7 calendar days) where each person who replies to the thread saying “please put my name in the hat” will get the chance to win the ukulele.

The uke has only had strings on it for a couple of weeks and so this will also give me time to do some tweaking to it. The intonation is off a bit (not an issue for me but I know how “picky” people can be regarding that subject so I will attempt to get it as close as I can) and it developed a slight buzz during the trip.

I built this particular tenor with the sole purpose of giving it away, through the Ukulele Underground forums, as the serial number D16-T010-UU1 indicates. However, since our Anniversary is on October 16th (10/16) Joanne is convinced the uke’s destiny is to make the return trip to Kauai to be with us on our special day.

So, the bottom line is that I will stick to my original plan of giving away this new ukulele but you will just have to wait a few months and then some in order for it to be yours. I will be opening a new thread for the actual giveaway once we return from Kauai. Look at it this way; someone will have an opportunity for a new uke just before Christmas.

I trust you all understand.
Regards,

Last edited:
Sweet! Looking forward to your arrival and it sounds like I need to hit an ATM :)

that uke looks and sounds fantastic! it would be an absolute honor to own something like that!

Looks and sounds awesome....wow my finga's are crossed....hee hee Mahalo Dom....I am dreaming of it already with my eyes open...LOL

Very Aloha of you. Certainly I would love to win this, but whoever gets it will certainly enjoy it.

Cool thing you're doing. Mahalo.

Wow, that's one sweet looking and sounding uke! :drool:

I appreciate the fact that you're open to having a contest that doesn't depend on skill level or having to submit a video.

Mahalo for all you do for the uke community. :)

Ho! Dom!

Sweet looking and sounding uke!!! Mahalo nui loa fo your kokua and fo supporting da UU and da ukulele community.

Cannot wait fo see da official raffle announcement! Woohoo!!!

That ukulele looks and sounds amazing. I'd love to win it.

Yeah, what they all said. It sounds lovely!

ROCKIN. I'm ready to be, Dominated ;) .. YEEAA

Top Bottom