Another newbie!

amandadverse

Reaction score
I recently took my first trip to the Hawaii, and though I hardly got to leave Waikiki (we were only there for one day, can you imagine!), I certainly fell in love with the beauty of the islands. My sister and I had as many Hawaiian activities packed in to one day as possible, one of them being ukulele lessons in the morning. Unfortunately, we missed the lesson by about 10 minutes. Luckily we discovered a ukulele store, fell in love with the adorable, teeny little cases, and bought our own authentic Hawaiian ukes. I grabbed a few "Learn the Uke" books, and a book of 20 Elvis Presley songs, and jumped in head first.

So far UU has been a great resource, though I wish I could afford to pay for the membership! It's not in the cards right now, but I have hope that by the end of the summer I'll be diving in to the deeper lessons. For now I'll lurk about here, learn what I can from the seasoned members, and hope that one day I can be a ukulele master! :cool: I took guitar lessons for 6 years, so I had a head start on music theory and chords. Learning the chords has been the easiest thing so far!

Welcome to Ukulele Underground! What kind of uke did you get?

Awesome that you have some guitar in your musical background. You'll probably never go back- the uke is that fun! Be sure to read and read the forums. There is so much here that one could get lost for days.

Oh and check out Uncle Rod Higuchi's Ukulele Boot Camp. It really helped me learn the chords (by key and not randomly).

Welcome!
UU is a great place to visit, get inspired and stay motivated.

welcome
When you get a chance (post count 25 I think) join the nUUbies group we just started so us noobs can learn together.

Thanks everyone! I'm sure I'll learn quite a lot here.

The uke I got is just a Makala. Nothing fancy, considering it's low price, but I wanted to get one that was inexpensive in case I don't take to it, for one reason or another.

Welcome to the UU. One day in Oahu? Better than never being there I suppose. :)

Better than nothing, yes, but I really wish we could have seen the other islands. I much prefer secluded hiking trails to the city.

Welcome to UU.

It's nice to have guitar experience when it comes down to the ukulele.

Glad you enjoyed your trip to Hawaii.

Welcome!! Sounds like you got started already - I know you are going to continue to enjoy the journey.

Mahalo!

Just a quick question, the ukulele bootcamp, is that the document Uncle Rod has linked on his profile? I can't open it on my phone, so I thought it would hurt to ask before I could access my computer tonight. :)

Top Bottom