Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Kalei Gamiao qualify to perform at ukulele festivals?

His "Kiss from a rose" video inspired me to try and learn it.

It gave me goosebumps the first time I saw it... Yes, he's qualified. I really like his playing style!
    Cheers,
    Skottoman
    Ohana Sopranino:Paulele Bamboo Soprano:Island Ukulele Soprano:Martin S-O Soprano:Lava Flea Soprano:KoAloha Soprano:Surf Flea Concert:KoAloha Concert:G-String C1 Sun Concert:KoAloha Pineapple Sunday:Kanilea T1 Premium Tenor:Eastman Mandolin:Strumstick

The real question is, why should he bother? I think some people get a lot out of that type of performing (personal satisfaction, financial rewards, direct marketing to attendees) and some people don't. It's up to the individual.

Whether I ever do or don't get the opportunity to see him, he seems like a really neat person and a great artist.
    "play till you don't suck no more" ~Chuck Deyo "I think it's cool you turned one of your 'some day I'm gonna's into a 'today I did.' " ~RichM "Self care is not failure." ~JerBear "It is impossible to reason with people who do not rely on reason." ~ mascompro "You make your own magic." ~ Mim"The riff-raff are my people." ~ Joko

Other people's opinions of me are none of my business.

Is the OP his mommy trying to get people to say complimentary things about her son?

This is such a non-question for anyone who's seen him play. One of the best players out there and a super, super nice guy.
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

Thread Information