Talk to me about ipads.

All my YouTube videos are done with an iPad. In fact it's great because you can monitor exactly what is being recorded as you go...

And the sound is pretty good but way better when using the apogee MIC connected to the iPad.

Quick question about the iPad 2, which will be arriving here any day now.

Currently I have a cumbersome book for all my tabs and chords...is there an app that will allow me to flip through my .pdf like a book rather than have to load each one?

Quick question about the iPad 2, which will be arriving here any day now.

Currently I have a cumbersome book for all my tabs and chords...is there an app that will allow me to flip through my .pdf like a book rather than have to load each one?

The regular iBooks app will alow you to page through a .pdf like a book, and that comes free with the iPad.

The regular iBooks app will alow you to page through a .pdf like a book, and that comes free with the iPad.

That's pretty much what I wanted to know, but what if I have several individual pdf, can I load them together and flip through the same way? 90% of my .pdf are one page.

That's pretty much what I wanted to know, but what if I have several individual pdf, can I load them together and flip through the same way? 90% of my .pdf are one page.

For individual ones you may want to get an app like For Score, so you can link the .pdf to the song in your music library, flip through songs and easily download an input more .pdfs. I have a few song books in iBooks but most of my song sheets are in For Score.

For books I use iBooks, for sheets I use OnSong.
Books are easier to scan in, but finding and going to a chosen song can take longer.
I like OnSong for organizing my music and synching with Dropbox.
I have an original iPad 32g, will keep it until it dies.

For books I use iBooks, for sheets I use OnSong.
Books are easier to scan in, but finding and going to a chosen song can take longer.
I like OnSong for organizing my music and synching with Dropbox.
I have an original iPad 32g, will keep it until it dies.

This is exactly the thing I'm looking for, thanks. I just viewed an OnSong tutorial on YouTube and I'm impressed by the fact that you can create set lists and swipe through the songs. Excellent! :cool:

The kids at school keep trying to convince me to get one but they just seem like an oversized ipod touch for people with cataracts to me!

For the ipad crew:

Do you need the super fancy one? The huge memory? How do you format and store song sheets? What app/program?

Freeda I have the Samsung galaxy 2 tablet..love it, after the myriad of issues with my iPod touch, I am done with apple..I know the mob may get me. That's ok, never been a fan of iTunes..I am happy as can be with my Samsung...

I have the original iPad 3G. A hand me down when I got my wife the new iPad. I have songs sheets in pdf that open in iBook. Tried OnSong but wasn't very good with it. I've gotten music sheets from workshops in dropbox. That seems to be a good solution.

IPad is great for playing indoors but unreadle outside. Kindle is readable outside but format is too small to read well. I copy pdf files with iTunes. Hope we can all be paperless someday!

Good luck with your search!

Late to the party. I have an iPad 2. I can't imagine life without it. Yes, it's that good. iPad minis are coming out this month may get a few of those for the kids. If you can afford more memory it's nice, but you can use the cloud to store things if you need to make space. Mine is the wifi only which works great for me, and every where I go has wifi. Plus, I mainly use it at the house, and of course have wifi here.

Top Bottom