customizing my uke need help.

ArtyUke

Reaction score
ok so what i want to do to my uke is a maybe still but ya.

instead of putting stickers on my uke i want to put tattoos like the luna tattoo models. but what i dont know is, what tool do you use to do that kind of stuff. do you burn the wood or is it just paint??? i kinda want to use the wood burn technique so it can be a permanent design but i dont know how to do it... also do you think it would damage the uke as in sound difference ????? not planning on doing a huge design, just want to put her name on it and one cool looking design of my own.

ok so what i want to do to my uke is a maybe still but ya.

instead of putting stickers on my uke i want to put tattoos like the luna tattoo models. but what i dont know is, what tool do you use to do that kind of stuff. do you burn the wood or is it just paint??? i kinda want to use the wood burn technique so it can be a permanent design but i dont know how to do it... also do you think it would damage the uke as in sound difference ????? not planning on doing a huge design, just want to put her name on it and one cool looking design of my own.

laser engraving.

Not sure how you'd do this sort of thing at home, but ff you have access to a laser cutter you can design your own image on the computer and have it etched into the wood.

The Luna tattoo is pressed into the wood with a heated metal die. Their volume justifies that sort of expense. Some manufacturers utilize a CNC machine (computer numerical control machine). The advatage with the CNC router is your abilty to change your design. Both of these methods require a significant investment up front. If you live in an area large enough to have a Woodcrafters or Rockler, they may offer a laser etched design service. The laser does an awesome looking job. Lastly, you can always do it the old fashion way. Trace your design on both sides of tracing paper and burnish it onto the wood. Then, use an inexpensive wood burner from a craft store and go to work. I'd suggest that you practice on a scrap piece of wood before starting with your ukulele. Good luck, Buffalo Trace

mmm nice that really helped :) thanks guys for the help ill see what i can do i think there some shops around here that might be able to help me with that :) if not ill try to do it myself. thanks again :)

Top Bottom