Who's going to the 2012 NY Ukefest June 7th through the 10th?

Olarte

Reaction score
The NYC 2012 Ukefest is coming up this thursday.

http://www.nyukefest.com/

Are you going?

All days? Some?

What ukes are you bringing?

Have you gone to it in previous years?

Where are you coming from?, flying, driving walking?

By the way,

Yes I'm going, driving down from Massachusetts.

Have not decided which ukes but most likely my Kiwaya ts4 and my Surfin fluke.

Hope to see you there.

We are not going this year, but we went last year. We had a lot of fun, and spent a few extra days to vacation. It is a bit expensive to travel from LA, so we aren't going this year. However, I have sent some Uke Leashes to be sold at a vendor booth (Debi Hula), so if you are looking for us, we have representation with Debi (she has a small inventory, so if you want one, go early to her booth). I didn't get to go to any workshops last year (because I was working) but the concerts we saw were good.

–Lori

I'll be going on Friday, with my Uke-Stick.

We are not going this year, but we went last year. We had a lot of fun, and spent a few extra days to vacation. It is a bit expensive to travel from LA, so we aren't going this year. However, I have sent some Uke Leashes to be sold at a vendor booth (Debi Hula), so if you are looking for us, we have representation with Debi (she has a small inventory, so if you want one, go early to her booth). I didn't get to go to any workshops last year (because I was working) but the concerts we saw were good.

–Lori

Hi Lori! I was able to plan a vacation that included a stop in NYC for this weekend, so I will be there to represent. Any tips?

Warren

Last edited:
Well, we stayed in Manhattan, within walking distance of the Uke Fest Venue. I know it is in a different location this year, but I do recommend staying in the city and walking around rather than getting a cheaper room outside of Manhattan and taking the subway in. We stayed at the Hudson Hotel (356 WEST 58 STREET) and they had nicely furnished small rooms. We really enjoyed the restaurants, Puttanesca (859 Ninth Ave) and Quality Meats (57 W 58th St) for dinner, and The Flame (9th and 58th) for breakfast. We didn't ever eat lunch, just breakfast and dinner. We walked through Central Park quite a bit. We did the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Natural History Museum, both good attractions. If I had it to do again, I think I might of rented a bicycle for the day to get around the park. It was too big for us to really cover in a day. Also, check out Wikipedia for the History of Central Park. It was really interesting to know about it while enjoying it's current beauty. The Uke Fest concerts last year were really good (we only saw the ends of the concerts because we had a late dinner after working the booth all day). There are some really great local NYC uke friendly bands there, and they were a lot of fun to see.

Have fun!
–Lori

I wish. We finish our school year on Friday and I'm usually fried for a week after that. Maybe next time.

Hi guys,

I'm not making to the Ukefest, but I'll be in NYC in September.
Since we're talking about uke tips in NY, is there any fun Uke group for Uke tourists?
Any "Uke in NY" tip it would be great!

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I'm not making to the Ukefest, but I'll be in NYC in September.
Since we're talking about uke tips in NY, is there any fun Uke group for Uke tourists?
Any "Uke in NY" tip it would be great!

Thanks!

There's a NYC Uke Meetup group that meets one Friday a month and a Brooklyn group that meets one Thursday per month. You should check out the Meetup site to see if the dates overlap with your trip.

Top Bottom