How many times this was asked?

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
I know this, and/or variations of this question has been asked many times. But, there has always been so many variables given. I'd like to know, clean and simple. No brand names given, no dream or fantacy ukes, no nothing, clean and simple question. many of us have several ukes, in various sizes, and tonewoods. But, if it came down to it...?

If it came down to you only being able to keep and play ONE uke, and one uke only for the rest of your days, never to be able to touch another. Two part question. What size would you choose for your uke, & what wood would it be made from?

My answer:

1) Soprano

2) Solid Mahogany

clean, simple answers please.

Aloha Tudorp,
Good Morning...It probally be my best sounding ones, before I choose the size or wood for sure...they are my old friends... you probally know who they are..ha ha

If I could only keep one , it would be my Kiwaya KTS-4 mahogany soprano . It's the uke Martin should be making.

Ooops. 1.) soprano
2.) mahogany

I forgot to keep it simple. Oops , I'm screwing up again. Please disregard this part. Ooops. Geesh.

1) Koa

2) Concert.

Tenors are a LITTLE hard for me to use when I'm pulling some big stretches, and overall I've just found that I prefer concerts.

soprano
mahogany

Koa
Superconcert

(I love other tonewoods, but I have to stay out of fantasy land per the rules of the thread :D )

Tenor
Koa

I couldn't make it simpler because 10 chars requirement.

Last edited:
The way I interpret the rules you are allowed to state your preferred tonewood and are not restricted to Koa/mahogany. It can be made of any wood.

Koa
Superconcert

(I love other tonewoods, but I have to stay out of fantasy land per the rules of the thread :D )

1) Concert
2) Koa

Somehow I do not have a koa concert in the stable yet, but I think that would be what I want for my one uke. This may require further research. ;)

1) Supersoprano
2) Koa

yeah, it could be anything. The only rules was just simple answer. But, it could be "baritone & old railroad ties" no explaination any further than that is needed, but if ya want to elaburate (jjesh ow bad can I mess up that word?), thats fine, but ya only get one choice in each of the parts of the question.. ;)

Top Bottom