People of UWC - Volume 1!

CoLmes

UU+
Reaction score
There is such a wide range of people that come to UWC every year, and somehow we all gather and exist as one big ukulele family once a year in a little field in Indiana. I thought it was important to capture a few personalities from the weekend.

For those who don't know, I came up with an idea about 2 weeks before UWC to come with recording equipment and record whoever wanted to throw down a song for as long as my computer lasted, the weather cooperated or until the beer ran out.

Well, then beer didn't run out.
The weather didn't cooperate.
But the computer did die.

I got such a great response, that I filled up my 32gb camera card, and my computer died right after my last recording.

I didn't expect for it to get such a response, but I really had people coming up one after the other to sit down and record a song. A small crowd also gathered and watched the performances.

I wanted to make these recordings as real as possible, the only thing I added was a tinch of reverb, otherwise everything you hear and see is how it came through the camera and the microphone.

I wanted to thank Zoe and Andy for providing umbrella's for my camera and computer.
Matt Lindhal for attempting to make a microphone umbrella.
And everyone who recorded.

I have the majority of the videos finished and they are going up on youtube right now. As I get them up, I will post them on this thread.

I really want to know what people's feelings on these are, so please tell me what you think! I hope everyone enjoys them!

Just a note* I have the majority of these finished with about 3 left to do. I will get them finished and put up on here tonight or tomorrow!

Last edited:
Thom, I can't wait to meet Bob. Look forward to seeing Fran again. See ya'll at the Mighty Mo. Can't wait.

Top Bottom