18th season of the Ukulele...

We were both recording whistling intros at the same time today. Nice. A lovable maraca, some sweet harmonies, a fun song, and a spirited, fun performance. Great stuff. Muchas gracias.

I loved it!!! Oh yeah the chemistry is obvious. You two could take that act out onto the road

Alright, after I convince my wonderful wife to watch the 18th Season Contest entries this am, she saw how much fun it was and was impressed by the talent. We both enjoyed each video. Here's our Entry for:The 18th Season Of The Ukulele.
Thanks for hosting TCK and bravo to the other entries!
Don&Sis

Fantastic! Sissy you have a beautiful voice. The end was a delicious surprise. I am in awe of everyone's talent.

hey gang! just made it! had a friend seante fields join me, we had a blast!

have loved all the other entries! now on to a river song!

Holy moly that was good! You all are making the job of judging a tough one. I think you all are winners!!!

Alright, after I convince my wonderful wife to watch the 18th Season Contest entries this am, she saw how much fun it was and was impressed by the talent. We both enjoyed each video. Here's our Entry for:The 18th Season Of The Ukulele.
Thanks for hosting TCK and bravo to the other entries!
Don&Sis

I love Patsy Cline! You two did a great job with this song- nice duet entry:)

Hey folks - the late arriving judge here..... sorry if I've held things up! Just spent a week with the kids, canoeing and floating on a beautiful river and hanging out at a really great bluegrass festival! The only thing lacking was a reliable internet connection.....

Thanks for your patience and all the great entries - I've had a really pleasant couple of hours watching the videos, although y'all have presented me with some really tough decisions.

Ukelites - smooth and polished, as always, and a great set. Nice song choice, as well....

Myrna & Gladys - great tunes and well played - 'Tennessee Waltz' is one of my staple numbers..... beautiful harmonies, nice pickin, and kudos for the live setting. You got a bonus point for the bear skin......

Dave & Simon - solid playing and vocals - nicely arranged medley and a good selection of tunes.... loved the shirts also.....everytime I see you guys play, I just want to pull up a chair and strum along....

ukuloonie - beautiful setting and one of my favorite songs..... nice pickin on the banjo and some lovely harmonies - good stuff....

doublegs - liked this one a lot - great tune and really sweet vocals - some nice finger picking and a well put together presentation - looking forward to seeing more from you ladies...

J-peg - GREAT song and I'm a sucker for mandolin.... this was one of the stand out performances for me - relaxed, comfortable, and the two of you look like you were made to be sitting on that couch playing together.

Ralf - I think this was my favorite of the bunch. A wonderful tune and well performed.... just nothin wrong with that at all - great fun.....

mattydee - another comfortable, inviting performance..... liked the percussion and the vocal interplay - you two were obviously enjoying yourselves and really communicated something with your perfromance.

Luana Gouvea - very sweetly done - a great song..... enjoyed the banjolele especially and nice duet vocals....

SillyDave- very solid performance.... great strum and the vocals - from both of you - were especially nice - those harmonies are tough but they worked out really well.....

uytaelee - another of the stand out performances. Excellent playing and vocals - truly a pleasure to watch.....

DAPuke - great job, Don & Sissy - I dig me some Patsy Cline..... nice solid strum and the vocals were top notch - both the lead and the harmony..... a great vocal duet....

Thanks to TCK for inviting me to judge - I kind of feel like an interloper.... I made videos for the first couple of Seasons, but haven't had the time to sit down and do one since - this has definitely inspired me to try and get involved in some of the future Seasons instead of just watching all the great entries each week....

Great job everyone and thanks!

Oh Don how I love this- you two sound perfect together! So glad you talked her in to it...now we gotta get her an Ukulele! In any event- the "I dragged my spouse into this" videos are a marked favorite (been known to do that myself) and this is great mate, just great.
Thanks Dave, this was a great way to get some of us who don't do many video's or contests to participate. I've tried the old, "but I can't do this contest without you" and until now it hasn't worked. Thanks for a fun contest.
Don

So glad you convinced Sis to sing this one today, Don. Her voice is lovely. You sing together beautifully. That's some smooth, mellow strumming. Very sweet. Very good. Thank you.
I am too Ralf, I'll pass your compliments on to Sis. Thanks so much, it was fun.
Don

Fantastic! Sissy you have a beautiful voice. The end was a delicious surprise. I am in awe of everyone's talent.
Thanks RoxHum, I'll pass that along to Sis, I'm glad you liked it. The enteries are really good and so much fun to watch.
Don

thanks so much skidoo and thanks so much Dave (TCK) for hosting a top week and also well done everyone some amazing entries and sorry i didnt get to comment on all the songs , but you all were amazing and super well done all and good luck :)

I've turned all of my scores over to Dave for comparison and collation. Again, let me say that the entries were stellar, and most of the scores were with 3 points of each other.

But y'know, if someone had just worn a hat with a big white feather in it (Panache!), the choice would have been SOOOO much easier!

(Confused by my use of the word? Read Cyrano de Bergerac.)

-Kurt​

Ya know, I actually looked up the word "panache" in the dictionary and considered getting a feather for my fedora, but it just didn't seem like that kinda song.

Got one last set of scores to be counted (judges go on vacation in the summer- crazy right?) but I will be posting winners soon. Stellar entries here this week folks, and thanks for playing along- your friend
The Cloverdale Kid

Last edited:
Sorry to see it come to an end- going to have to do another of these before we hit Week 52. Had a great time watching all your entries, and will be smiling for a while watching the playlist, but alas...every contest has winners doesn't it?
Here are the top three for Season 18:
1.UtaeandUsyeok - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
2.Ukelites- Something Stupid
3.TheOnlyUkeThatMatters- Uptown Top Ranking

Scores were all painfully close, great job to all!.
Winners, I need real names, addresses and emails in my inbox to get the prizes distributed.
Cheers
Dave

Another well-deserved win for the Lee brothers. Congrats to all the winners!
A lot of great entries this week.

Thanks again for hosting it, TCK!

Congrats to the winners - the top several were very close.... you'll notice first and second place were the only two entries to receive the bonus points - it was tight.

This was great fun! Thanks to all who entered and Dave for letting me judge.....

Woohoo! Muchas gracias to TCK, Roxhum, Ksiegel, Canoelady and 23skidoo. My duet partner will be psyched (she'll be getting the prizes, too).

One more big thank you to Dave for a great challenge this week---it inspired terrific performances from all the participants. Everyone be sure to pass on some praise to any non-UU-member duet partners from me---great work!

Top Bottom