greetings from Connecticut

dkstott

Reaction score
hello

I've been a guitar player for 40+ years.. 2 years ago, I got a Kala KA-KT tenor as an anniversary present.... played it for a month or so and then it collected dust.

2 months ago, I saw Del Rey in concert playing blues uke and I was hooked.... have not tried her DVD lesson yet..

right now, I am working on Glen Rose's jazzy uke book

my collection of ukes has grown since my 1st one.

kala KA-KT
Pono Acacia AT tenor
JUST bought a used Kala all mahogany archtop tenor.

Dave

Thanks

I spent the past 2 years taking jazz guitar lessons and it seems that all I learned was a ton of theory. It was no longer fun

Right now, I'm having a ball with the uke.

Dave

Welcome to the Forum!

Benvinguts as we'd say to welcome you in Catalonia.

I'm also the proud owner of a Kala Tenor (KA FMTE- C) - they are truly lovely instruments.

I've got the Delray Video. I haven't worked my way through all the songs on the video yet, but the ones I have tried have taught me a lot that I have applied to other songs. One thing to bear in mind when you get it is that it is not progressive (it doesn't go from easy songs to complicated ones) - in fact, the last song on the video is probably the easiest and (as a guitarist) I'd say it is the most rewarding.

Look forward to hearing more about your adventures in Uke Land!

Welcome Dave, to the forum! I also came to the ukulele after a very long guitar background. I am afraid that now I don't pick up my guitar that much, because I always have the ukulele in my hands instead. This is a great forum to learn and share.

Top Bottom