DIY personalisation

Reaction score
So I took to my uke with a paintbrush today inspired by the late, great Guthrie Senior. I'm sure others have personalized their uke's (and probably somewhat more professionally). Get yer pics out!

Attachments

• image_sb_92.jpg
    image_sb_92.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 93
nice bro!!! I've done a few not very professionally...

DSCF0057.jpg woody guthrie inspired moniker

DSCF0056.jpg love heart stickers on a sky blue mahalo

DSCF0916.jpg handpainted mya moe replica bari

DSCF0722.jpg folk art themed mahalo

lots of fun, eh!!!

:cheers:

They're all groovy but I particularly like the last one, and the second to last one makes me think of Ziggy Stardust.

Closest I've come to customizing a uke was when a tool slipped and left a long, deep scratch across the top of my baritone...

So I took to my uke with a paintbrush today inspired by the late, great Guthrie Senior. I'm sure others have personalized their uke's (and probably somewhat more professionally). Get yer pics out!

Now all you need is a Neil Young style strap with the peace/dove pattern. I've used "this uke kills fascists" as a caption on a picture, but never had a uke it was ok to write on. The unmodified quote is perfect for uke! :)

100_2375.jpgukuleles 002.jpgAloha,
Nice to have something that reflects your personality. The only thing I've done is with stickers......

Last edited:
I've done it with a strap and headstock bling that means something.

6692461559_e3ae17fa1c.jpg

And the two K ukes have Native American silver and turquoise bling. Grandma and her brother, my favorite uncle, were Choctaw (Edit to add - Nation of Oklahoma). Grandma died when I was very little and is only at the edge of memory, but I spent some summers out in Arizona with my uncle, learning about the Navajo. Anyway, Grandma and I have/had a weakness for turquoise bling. It's been commented on by many a family member how we share this, but never got to share it with each other.

So, the Kanelea has a nice snake charm in turquoise and coral by Effie C., and the Koaloha has a basic hand and turquoise charm. Grandma would have thought the ukes were a toy, but the bling would have made them wonderful. Since I don't see home in my foreseeable future, these remind me of my links there.

5742951512_1205174b25.jpg

5963092347_9e91b2a79a.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom