Ukulele World Congress 2013

Sorry to hear about your loss Scott. We'll be praying for your family. Do the song in the key of c and make it doable for us oldtimers with stubby arthritic fingers. That is one of my favorite tunes also.

Sorry to hear of your loss, Scott. Would be honored to play and sing this with you in honor of your dad.

John

Sorry to hear about your loss Scott. We'll be praying for your family. Do the song in the key of c and make it doable for us oldtimers with stubby arthritic fingers. That is one of my favorite tunes also.

Easier to sing for everyone in F or G.

Haven't been active on UU lately, but I'm coming to UWC. My dad hung out for UWC2012. He passed away two weeks ago. I'm inviting everyone to join me to sing his favorite song, Me and Bobby McGee, this year in his honor.

So sorry to hear about your father Scott. He made great instruments and was a really nice person. I'd play Me and Bobby McGee with you on the stage, it would be an honor.

I'm happy to announce something new for UWC5. Lil' Rev will be teaching a workshop and having a concert at the Brown County Playhouse http://www.browncountyplayhouse.org/ in Nashville Saturday afternoon. The workshop will be about noon, the concert about 2pm. Tickets will be available thru the Brown County Playhouse in advance or the day of the show. For those who haven't attended a UWC yet, Saturday afternoon is typically when a lot of people check out Nashville, have lunch, shower in town and maybe visit a few of the shops. The concert will be over by about 4pm, before Saturday evenings partying really gets going. For those who want a structured workshop to learn some new stuff, this is a great opportunity. More info coming soon.

I'm happy to announce something new for UWC5. Lil' Rev will be teaching a workshop and having a concert at the Brown County Playhouse http://www.browncountyplayhouse.org/ in Nashville Saturday afternoon. The workshop will be about noon, the concert about 2pm. Tickets will be available thru the Brown County Playhouse in advance or the day of the show. For those who haven't attended a UWC yet, Saturday afternoon is typically when a lot of people check out Nashville, have lunch, shower in town and maybe visit a few of the shops. The concert will be over by about 4pm, before Saturday evenings partying really gets going. For those who want a structured workshop to learn some new stuff, this is a great opportunity. More info coming soon.
That is just cool. saves the field to be what it is while offering daytime uke fun. I hope this means that Rev will hang out with us that night

That is just cool. saves the field to be what it is while offering daytime uke fun. I hope this means that Rev will hang out with us that night

You can bet on it. I'm really happy this side show came together. He'll be bringing the whole family down for the weekend as well as some of the Milwaukee group. I'm hoping to see him do some jamming with Dom, DeG, John, Seeso, etc., etc.

I saw Rev at MrEWorm's house concert with two other Underground friends a few weeks back and he's fun as hell...as you and most others know, Mike.

I know you're a Honey and Bosko fan, like me, I guess that'll have to wait another year for them to come from Down Under to central Hoosierland. I assume you sub to their youtube channel, Mike, and see the great live vids they put out in the past week. Fun!

Last edited:
Haven't been active on UU lately, but I'm coming to UWC. My dad hung out for UWC2012. He passed away two weeks ago. I'm inviting everyone to join me to sing his favorite song, Me and Bobby McGee, this year in his honor.

Haven't been on UU in a long time. So sorry to hear about your dad, Scott. Will definitely be singing your dad's favorite song along with you and I'm sure many others. Take care.

I want to either buy or make a portable power pack like this
http://www.instructables.com/id/Ammo-Can-Power-Pack/
or buy this
http://www.amazon.com/Duracell-DRPP...UTF8&colid=THKUX5E1HLDZ&coliid=I35DHWN5RC6DAK
I am sick of my phone being dead while at UWC. Figured either would work and I can also add solar to either to charge during the day.
Thoughts? anybody have experience with this type of thing?

Doesn't your cell phone charger run off a USB jack? I thought most all of them do these days. If so, you can just get the little USB adaptors that plug into the cigarette lighter (or "power jack" as they're called now days) on someone's car. They only cost about ten bucks and if you don't have a car there you can surely find someone who will let you charge using their car.

Assuming I can get enough time off work to drive up you can charge off mine. Well, come to that if I have to fly I'll have a rental and you can charge off it.

The bigger problem is that I don't know of anybody who has a phone that actually works at the field...

John

Doesn't your cell phone charger run off a USB jack? I thought most all of them do these days. If so, you can just get the little USB adaptors that plug into the cigarette lighter (or "power jack" as they're called now days) on someone's car. They only cost about ten bucks and if you don't have a car there you can surely find someone who will let you charge using their car.

Assuming I can get enough time off work to drive up you can charge off mine. Well, come to that if I have to fly I'll have a rental and you can charge off it.

The bigger problem is that I don't know of anybody who has a phone that actually works at the field...

John

My phone works at the field. :p

Top Bottom