Ukulele World Congress 2013

I will start bugging people now.
I challenege everyone to get one new person to come to UWC2013.
I will try and get Eddie Veddar or Billy Corigan (Yes the lead singer from smashing pumpkins plays uke)
:smileybounce:

:wtf: Eddie Veddar plays the uke!!!????

Who'ld a thunk it :p

Woohoo! I can't wait! Count me in. I will bring at least 2 more ukulaliens! They saw all the photos from everyone and really want to camp!

Woohoo! I can't wait! Count me in. I will bring at least 2 more ukulaliens! They saw all the photos from everyone and really want to camp!

I never actually left.

If the world doesn't end, I intend to be there.

Me too! I can even come early next year, because of the dates! I always have to work on the first weekday of each month, but I can take off at the end of the month.

Oh yay oh wow oh hallelujah!
I am so already there :) :) :)
I've submitted a request for slightly warmer weather this time - the response came back - que sera sera.
Whatever will be will be absolutely unbelievably amazingly fabulous.
Thanks for the lowdown Mike - it's a freezing windy grey Sydney today, and this news has brought the sun out in my world !

Absolutely will be there. This year had 2 friends come and they loved it. Next year hope to add another 2.

Would love to attend, but it falls to close to the end of the school year for me :(

. . . maybe some day I'll be ::sick:: for a long weekend :)

I promise to stick around this time ;)
Thanks, Mike! I'm sorry I had to leave early and miss all (the rest of) the fun!

Oh, BTW I'm loving my new Mainland slot-head uke!

It's on my calendar. I may even drag my mando-playing mate to this. He occasionally picks up a uke and works out a melody or two.

I will be there. Nanilei may come to Indiana with me as well. I cannot promise she will make it to the field though.

Just an honest question - is there a special reason why it has been scheduled the week before the first full weekend in June?

It is always on the weekend of my wedding anniversary. My wife says, "Just go, we'll celebrate our anniversary later." Thus it allows her to show her amazing graciousness.

Just an honest question - is there a special reason why it has been scheduled the week before the first full weekend in June?

This....

UWC 2013 might be harder for me to swing because it falls on the last business day of the month and I'd get back the first business day of the next month. Why did I pick accounting?.....Oh that's right, to get the chicks.... :rolleyes:

ugh. we'll see what the bosses say when it comes time to schedule vacation days in January.

It was too fun this year not to make it again.

So, who is with me to rent a blacked out van and kidnap Veep for this one?

Definitely sounds like a good idea. Then he'll get to sing "ELVIRA" on the UWC stage, where he needs to do it and not just on the Mini-Jam.

me and eugenie are saving our pennies and gonna bust down every wall to make our first USA holiday at UWC next year. thanks Mike for all you do with this...the vicarious experience of everyone's stories, pics and vids has driven me nuts for the past 2 years

Top Bottom