New Uke Day: Grape Soprano Flea With Pickup

Thanks for the inspiration! And why stop there? I'm actually now wondering where I can get purple tuning pegs! Google is no help!

I'd ping "bruceweiart" on The Bay, and see if he'll make a custom set of replacement tuner buttons.

If all else fails, you can investigate 3D "printing".

I'd ping "bruceweiart" on The Bay, and see if he'll make a custom set of replacement tuner buttons.

If all else fails, you can investigate 3D "printing".

Good suggestions. I found some purple classical guitar tuners on eBay that I'm wondering if I can just remove the buttons from. There's also a company called Sperzel that makes colored tuning machines, but they're a fortune!

One more proof what a great idea these coloured strings are..... (Seems I really need to restring my Flea with green or red Auroras very soon)

Could you pls post some pics of the pickup as well? (Panel, panel location, output jack - I just started thinking about enhancing my Flea with a B-band p/u)

Could you pls post some pics of the pickup as well? (Panel, panel location, output jack - I just started thinking about enhancing my Flea with a B-band p/u)

It's the most basic K&K transducer pickup they offer - I will try to get a pic for you tonight.

Nice flea, I just got a new flea as well to go with my fluke. love them both :)View attachment 39448
slightly OT here, but anyway:
(1) What size are the two? Both concert or a mix of concert/tenor and soprano/concert?
(2) what is that black thing clipped onto the headstock? Planet Waves CT12 Mini Tuner (like below)?

The Most Purple Purple Flea

I got inspired by some of your suggestions, and went a little nuts on the purple. So not only do I have purple Aurora strings on my Grape Flea, but I added...

...purple tuning buttons (found them on a set of classical guitar tuners and just replaced the original buttons):

IMG_0310.jpg

...purple "Jewel Dot" stickers as fret markers:

IMG_0312.jpg

I believe this is as purple as I can get without resorting to paint! Hope you enjoy the Most Purple Purple Flea!

IMG_0309.jpg

This is so completely awesome!!!! I use the exact same jewel stickers on my fretboard except I have clear "diamond" ones on my Flea and blue "sapphire" ones on my Fluke. I hope you have the perfect purple outfit to wear while you rock out on your perfect purple Flea :cool:

Nix

Top Bottom