"UNTIL THE END"--my new ukulele original (on Peanut and Baritone Eleukes)

EscapeTheClouds

Reaction score
Here's a ukulele-centric video for my song "Until the End". My ukes were instrumental (ha!) in the writing of my last CD of the same title, and I wanted to make a vid and a remix of the song that put them front and center.

I make steampunk music, which--if you're not familiar with the genre--generally revolves around alternate history, airships, adventurous characters, and is unlimited in the kind of sound and instruments you can use.

This "Shanty" version of the song features both an Eleuke Baritone and an Eleuke Peanut, backed with bass, pizzicato violin, two shakers, and a Native American drum. The creepy tones at the beginning are both ukes playing the main progression backwards, then reversed and run through delay. I shot, edited, and produced the vid entirely on my own, using little more than an entry-level Canon DSLR, a remote control, and some time. Wow, yeah, some serious time.

I'm certainly no Jake Shimabukuro, but I hope you guys like the song and video nonetheless. The track's also available for free download.

Last edited:
Top Bottom