Ortega RUE14FMH or Mahalo LTD3

Ben Mulleman

Reaction score
Greetings and salutations!

So after the millionth trip to my local music store (to their annoyance or joy, I cannot tell), they placed two unopened boxes in front of me and told me to go ahead and open them.

I guess being a frequent customer has it's perks! That being said, one of the boxes was obviously ginormous and I was greeted by an Ortega baritone ukulele. The other box was more familiar in size and had a Mahalo LTD3 in it.

Now if you were given the choice, which one would you get? I'm partial to the LTD3 because it's a soprano and that's really all I play, but after fiddling around with the Ortega for a while.. I don't know anymore.

Has anyone ever played an LTD3? It feels a little.. Over-built? Maybe it's just me.

Soprano vs baritone? Wow, that's an apples vs oranges decision. As many members have said here, get the one that tickles your fancy most now. You'll probably end up getting the other eventually anyway.

Mahalo Ltd3

I've just won a Mahalo Ltd3 on eBay so looking forward to trying it out.
Says in the description mahogany top with curly koa sides and back but all the ones I have seen are spruce top with splayed maple sides and back?

Greetings and salutations!

So after the millionth trip to my local music store (to their annoyance or joy, I cannot tell), they placed two unopened boxes in front of me and told me to go ahead and open them.

I guess being a frequent customer has it's perks! That being said, one of the boxes was obviously ginormous and I was greeted by an Ortega baritone ukulele. The other box was more familiar in size and had a Mahalo LTD3 in it.

Now if you were given the choice, which one would you get? I'm partial to the LTD3 because it's a soprano and that's really all I play, but after fiddling around with the Ortega for a while.. I don't know anymore.

Has anyone ever played an LTD3? It feels a little.. Over-built? Maybe it's just me.

Top Bottom