Living Water Strings

I bought a coupla sets ready to put on my KoAloha Pikkake, will definitely try them out on all my ukes as the old strings pack in

I am strongly considering low g on my wixom tenor as well. Where can i get these strings?

Ken, will you be selling the strings at Burning Uke in Gent, Belgium, this coming weekend?

I love these strings, they really bring out the best in my Kanilea and KoAloha tenors. If I could figure out whether to get concert or tenor, I would buy some for my Pineapple Sunday in my next order.

Strings are great, very well balanced and flexible. Good sustain.
@Ken:Wish they came in a slightly thicker diameter- I am a sucker for the Worth CFs(clear Fats).

KEN,
Will you be bringing some of your strings to the Wine Country Ukulele Festival? On second thought, I would suggest you bring a BUNCH. I think there'll be a lot of interest.
Alan

Yay! Ordering these very soon for my concert. Exciting! :smileybounce:

I've put them on my concert and they sound really lovely: clear tone, great balance, just the right thickness and tension, and they bring out harmonics I hadn't heard this uke do before. Truly great strings!

I'm having a little different experience than most, but the strings are growing on me, and I'm starting to hear a beautiful sound on my Ohana Port Orford/Myrtle. The strings have taken longer to settle in than I expected, but that doesn't bother me at all. (I fine tune my 4 ukes every day for "fun"). I think I was used to the louder sound of my prior Southcoast strings (they are wonderful strings, too), and my Ohana sounds quieter. It used to be louder than my Mango (Worth), but now the Mango has more volume! Lesson: Don't compare ukuleles by the loudness!! Last night I played the Myrtle all by itself and it sounds lovely, round and beautiful all on its own! I'm also waiting to see if the strings and uke start working together to have their own special sound as time goes by. I'm really quite pleased with all of my strings!

I met Ken today at Burning Uke in Gent and both a friend of mine and myself bought an Ohana SK-38A. We also went home with a set of Living Water Strings. At home I immediately put them on. Very nice to compare them side by side with the aquila's on my friends' SK-38. Really like them!
Clear, round, detailed! Lovely indeed! Huge recommendation!
Nice meeting you, Ken! That SK-38 is something else; as loud as my tenor... Can't wait for it to open up some more.

Just put a set on a soprano..replaced the Aquilas that came with it. I don't get what it is about the Aquila's.. I don't really care for them, but that's just me. The Living Waters do stretch like crazy but when it held tune they were amazing. Very clean and bright. Made the soprano sound so, so much better to me. Easy to play. I have a couple of sets for low G tenor and might replace the Worth's that came on it sooner than I had anticipated. Thanks Ken! Will order these again soon.

I met Ken today at Burning Uke in Gent and both a friend of mine and myself bought an Ohana SK-38A. We also went home with a set of Living Water Strings. At home I immediately put them on. Very nice to compare them side by side with the aquila's on my friends' SK-38. Really like them!
Clear, round, detailed! Lovely indeed! Huge recommendation!
Nice meeting you, Ken! That SK-38 is something else; as loud as my tenor... Can't wait for it to open up some more.

I am really glad you are pleased with the new Uke and strings.

Just put a set on a soprano..replaced the Aquilas that came with it. I don't get what it is about the Aquila's.. I don't really care for them, but that's just me. The Living Waters do stretch like crazy but when it held tune they were amazing. Very clean and bright. Made the soprano sound so, so much better to me. Easy to play. I have a couple of sets for low G tenor and might replace the Worth's that came on it sooner than I had anticipated. Thanks Ken! Will order these again soon.

I appreciate that. Thank you.

I just couldn't ignore all these great words about these strings!! Just place my order to put on my Kala FMT. Can't wait!

Chris

Ditto just ordered two pairs of tenor strings.

Top Bottom