Uke Lesson 11 - Drop Baby, Drop

It's the first of the month! And that means: a brand new episode of UKE LESSONS. This time Aldrine breaks down all you need to know to jam the song "Drop Baby, Drop" with anyone who wants to play it with you!

Check it out here: Uke Lesson 11 - Drop Baby, Drop!!

Let us know what you think! Do you have any questions, comments, constructive criticism?? What can we do better, and how can we make playing the uke easier and awesomer for you?

Go ahead discussioners, start it up!

regarding the other picking patterns.

hi!

wonderful tutorial/lesson for drop baby drop. its really fun to jam with other ppl on this song =D. my question is with regards to the picking pattern thats in the middle of the song. for example if you listen to the original recording, the picking pattern varies quite a bit from the one used in the beginning. the specific part i am referring to is right after the "i'd live like a zombie,with very little love to show" part. the picked notes , from what I hear, tend to jump in 3rds or 5ths. any idea how to pick those? thanks!

Drop Baby Drop

I was just listening to the actual song by Manao & Co. and seem like some picking parts are missing from your lesson. Can you show us how to do the whole picking part? Or maybe show us a picking chart to pick it just like the actual song? I think I might be able to figure it out but just to be sure it would be nice to have a pro show us how.

Much mahalo's for any help!

from Tropical storm Hawaii.com It's pretty spot on and it's the one I learned it from.

(Solo)
A|0-0---------0---0-0h2-2-0---0-0-----------------------
E|0---0-----0---4-----------4---------5-----5-----5-----
C|1-------1-----------------------4/6---4/6---4/6---6-4-
G|2-----2-----------------------------------------------

A|----------4-5-6-7-6-5-4h5p4---4-5p4---4-------------------
E|----4-5-7--------------------7-------7---7--5-4-5-4----4-5-
C|4-6---------------------------------------------------6-----
G|----------------------------------------------------------

A|---------------------------
E|7b-7b-5-7-9-5-5-----5-7b-7-
C|----------------6-6--------
G|---------------------------

A|--7---5---4---12---11---9-7/9-7-5-4--7\5-4-5-7-2/4-4----------
E|5---5---5---5----------------------------------------5---5-7b-
C|-----------------9----9--------------------------------6------
G|--------------------------------------------------------------

A|------------
E|4-5---------
C|----6-4-2-1-
G|------------

I've never heard this song before. I tried in earnest to learn it, but it's too advance for me. Maybe in a few months... I tried backing up 2 singers yesterday, it was tricky to have them depend on me for the lead in and rhythm!

sorry for being so obtuse

How do you put the parts together? When does the picking part comein? Can you please leave a video of the complete song the way you've taught it? I love the combination but not sure when to use what! xovm

So where is Drop Baby Drop?

So where is Drop Baby Drop? I logged on but no video! Xovm

QUOTE=anaka;71232]It's the first of the month! And that means: a brand new episode of UKE LESSONS. This time Aldrine breaks down all you need to know to jam the song "Drop Baby, Drop" with anyone who wants to play it with you!

Check it out here: Uke Lesson 11 - Drop Baby, Drop!!

Let us know what you think! Do you have any questions, comments, constructive criticism?? What can we do better, and how can we make playing the uke easier and awesomer for you?

Go ahead discussioners, start it up![/QUOTE]

What you neva ask Idakine808 Val, he he http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BqFXH1C3A8&list=PL3CB280F98E16E40C

hi!

wonderful tutorial/lesson for drop baby drop. its really fun to jam with other ppl on this song =D. my question is with regards to the picking pattern thats in the middle of the song. for example if you listen to the original recording, the picking pattern varies quite a bit from the one used in the beginning. the specific part i am referring to is right after the "i'd live like a zombie,with very little love to show" part. the picked notes , from what I hear, tend to jump in 3rds or 5ths. any idea how to pick those? thanks!

Top Bottom