Uke Lesson 11 - Drop Baby, Drop

It's the first of the month! And that means: a brand new episode of UKE LESSONS. This time Aldrine breaks down all you need to know to jam the song "Drop Baby, Drop" with anyone who wants to play it with you!

Check it out here: Uke Lesson 11 - Drop Baby, Drop!!

Let us know what you think! Do you have any questions, comments, constructive criticism?? What can we do better, and how can we make playing the uke easier and awesomer for you?

Go ahead discussioners, start it up!

haha!

i love the bloopers!

great vid UU crew!
keep it up guys!

hey... where can i find the footage for the video use have displayed in the video?? its awesome!

thanks

Thanks! That footage was actually shot in San Diego (after the seminars at Pacific Arts Dance Studio) when we were on tour earlier this year.

You can see it in "Day 4" of the Cali Tour Videos (the first video in the post): Cali Tour '08 Days 4-6!

i'm so excited to learn this!! thanks so much for getting this lesson up.

i would also like to add myself to the list of people that wish u guys would also put something up of the sik mid solo part.:p

I found that I was playing alot faster than I was trying to sing to it... but I'm doing better now, I still get confused with the second part though, pretty mama, pretty baby, those ones. I just can't get them to flow correctly.

thanks guys, when it gets too late to work on the dirtbike tonight I am gonna get the picking down!

another reason why UU is the best.

POI d-o-double-g, thanks for the time spent on the tabs.

thanks guys, when it gets too late to work on the dirtbike tonight I am gonna get the picking down!

another reason why UU is the best.

POI d-o-double-g, thanks for the time spent on the tabs.

LOL - No problem!

On another note - I was working on my RC51 today as well! Time to change that oil... LOL

BTW - my son has been playin' that Kala I bought from you and has 'Drop Baby Drop' down now... guess I gottah spend some money on a good video camera to start posting more vids. :D

Im going to sing this song to my nene grel! hehe, thanks for the lesson. I always wanted to learn how to do the picking for this song. saw a few version online but they never sounded right. It's "the" song the started the uke for I. mango is good! pickled even better!

I really hope im not doing something bad by bumping this thread, but im curious about a few things:

How did you guys manage to make the transition from the picking to the strumming?

And what are the notes for the instrumental, i can actually catch the first part since its so similar to the intro, but other than that, im lost.

Hi, I also have a question --is there an easier chord alternative to the C#m and the Dm chords? I'm just starting out and I can't quite get these without smooshing all the strings or not getting the ones I'm supposed to. Thanks.

Hi, I also have a question --is there an easier chord alternative to the C#m and the Dm chords? I'm just starting out and I can't quite get these without smooshing all the strings or not getting the ones I'm supposed to. Thanks.

Take a look at this page:

http://www.sheep-entertainment.nl/ukulele/index.html
(Make sure you choose the correct tuning at the top right.)

Maybe there are other ways that are easier for you to play. But don't stop working on the difficult chords, they'll come in handy.

Thanks!

Aldrine--Thank you and the rest of the UU crew for making this tutorial! This song brings back some great memories for me.

Poi Dog--Thanks for the tabs and also for the info on the original artist. I knew that some of the lyrics from Drop were taken from the old song Who Loves You by the Four Seasons. But for all of these years, I had no idea that the entire song (Drop) was a remake of an Eddy Grant tune.

Thanks again!

Top Bottom