Hello, been missing this place!

fitncrafty

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Just thought I would pop in and say hello since it is SO quiet in my house and I haven't posted in a very long time!

How is everyone?

My family and I are in a VERY huge transition at the moment. My husband is on terminal leave from 20 yrs of service in the Navy (official retirement date is August) and searching for his last dream job! We had a beautiful ceremony at the end of August which took some planning and brought some family in and out to visit! Kept us busy.
Hubby has also been interviewing around the country for his 'dream' job and the waiting has got to be more nerve wracking then ever before(the paychecks keep coming when you transfer) and we are awaiting an offer to see where we will go next... It could be the treasure coast of Florida, the Hills of Vermont or maybe we will stay right here in NY. Who knows.
In the meantime of waiting, I have been repairing all the little things that needed fixed in the house, painting, decluttering and the like in the event that the house needs to go on the market. Not to mention keeping up with the kids and doing my best to strum at least a few minutes a day.
I see a light at the end of the tunnel with most of this and we shall see what comes next...
I have also had some major computer issues as well..
I think of many of you often and have kept in touch with some of you through messaging, fb, email or even in person... If your still reading, Thanks!
I hope to get back to more regular visiting of the forum soon and more uke playing.
Take care friends!

Hi Carrie, Wow, lots of changes in your life. Change is hard, even when it is good change. Thanks for checking in and happy belated birthday!

Congrats on your Husband's retirement. Yea, it is a major transition going from the military to the private sector. At times it can be frustrating and with a little perseverance, patience and time, everything usually comes full circle. Good Luck and Godspeed in both your future endeavors and hopefully we'll see you back soon.

Aloha Fitncrafty,
Glad to have you back more often and get your computer fixed...we all miss you here.. yes wow big changes in your life now eh...and the uncertain if you stay at your current location
or move back home near your family....I hope you hubby finds a great job and just don't take the first offer he gets...Good Luck to you all...wishing you all the best...

Sounds like you guys have been very busy. Glad to hear you are doing okay and still playing a little bit. Take care.

Terminal leave is a very challenging time! I was glad when it all came together for us. I hope he gets the job he wants but if not he can keep trying. Hubby took a really hard job for the first five or six years before he got a good job. Be patient.

Thanks you everyone.. freeda looks like we may be in for a rough going. Next week is supposed to bring some answers... I'm hoping.
Thanks for the support everyone

Top Bottom