Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery Powered Bass Amps

Default Battery Powered Bass Amps

I am looking for a portable bass amp so i can play bass while the troops play uke (acoustic). I tired some acoustic basses with a uke player at the local Git center and they just don't cut it. I tried a Roland Bass Cube 4 x4" speakers battery powered 5 watts. I have seen that Pignose makes a hog 30 recharable 30W 8" speaker. Does anyone have any experience with these amps? I just wan to be able to accompany acoustic ukes outside and inside.

i really dont have any experience but here is a great site for any reviews on just about anything guitar-bass-drum related
    Harmony central roland link

the pignose wasnt listed on that site, but on musicians friend it was getting pretty good reviews, but it was semi mixed.

hope this helped.
    Mainland Tenor Mahogany"Riker"
    Mainland Long Neck Tenor Pineapple "Geoffery"
    Kala KA-C"Kalina" *On Loan*
    50's Barclay Soprano"Beater"
    ---------------------------------------------------
    http://www.facebook.com/bassmanspiff
    http://www.twitter.com/bassmanspiff
    http://www.youtube.com/bassmanspiff1
    ---------------------------------------------------
    UWC has kicked my butt 8 years running.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassukuguy View Post
    i really dont have any experience but here is a great site for any reviews on just about anything guitar-bass-drum related
    Harmony central roland link

the pignose wasnt listed on that site, but on musicians friend it was getting pretty good reviews, but it was semi mixed.

hope this helped.
    Thanks, There are three out there I id'ed so far a Pignose Hog 30 $130-170, Roland microcube bass $229 and the Phil Jones Briefcase $$TFM (500+). I like the Roland but am poor.

I was just wondering if anyone here has played bass along with ukes using a DC powered portable amp.

Vista (North County San Diego), California

I know first hand, what works for bass, ukulele and guitar in battery powered amps.

Here's some of my battery powered equipment on stage at the Ukulele Society of America in Carlsbad (San Diego), California. In this photo, you'll see Donna playing bass on the left in the back, through a Roland Microcube Bass RX on the front left. This was playing the Monster Mash for Halloween. There are also two Roland Microcube RX's and 3 Vox DA5's for the ukulele's. There is a Crate Taxi TX15 for the acoustic guitar on the right. The P.A. is also battery powered. It is a Carvin S400D. This stage setup is playing for audiences of 100 to 200. The Microcube Bass RX has an amazing amount of acoustical output for it's size and power:

Here's another photo setup at the bar:

Last edited by ricdoug; 12-18-2008 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Spellun' Airors!

Just got the Roland Bass Cube delivered today from UPS for my son for xmas. My band mate uses it, and unless you're in a really loud rock-n-roll band it will do.
    UWC; only those who have not been can rationalize not going.

Hello
    i prefer to choose by characteristics
    you can find a review about amps
    https://musiety.com/a-complete-revie...vox-bass-amps/
    I am sure it will help you to choose the best))) you can compare some modeles

Best one I've found is the Phil Jones Double Four. Depending on the battery it can get 50-70 watts. Very powerful and compact. I use a computer battery to power it. I've yet to run out of juice using it. Have played 5 hours and still had plenty left.

There are threads on bass amps here if you choose to check 'em out.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Best one I've found is the Phil Jones Double Four. Depending on the battery it can get 50-70 watts. Very powerful and compact. I use a computer battery to power it. I've yet to run out of juice using it. Have played 5 hours and still had plenty left. There are threads on bass amps here if you choose to check 'em out.
    Nothing else holds a candle to the Phil Jones Double Four. I've been using one for about 3 years with a laptop battery that lasts hours and hours, is extremely compact and amazing bass sound. I use it with my 25-35 person uke group twice a week in a large multi-purpose room, 30 x 50 and I've been told to turn it down. I recently used it for our holiday show in a large auditorium with 53 of us playing and an audience of about 200.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

Brian Griffin and I thank you for posting the thread on the Double Four Mike and especially for the computer battery. It's the perfect combo for anyone who doesn't want to lug around extension cords etc. to play outdoors. And, having an amp so small with so much power is incredible.

I tried several and none compared to the Phil Jones double four.
    When battery is needed I use a computer battery.
    Keep Strummin'

Thread Information