The Ballad of Jed Clampett

Dougf

Reaction score
My 22nd season entry. I'd been thinking about this song recently after I realized that it probably influenced the spoken ending of my latest original, "Darwin almost got me". It may also have come to mind due to the recent passing of Earl Scruggs.

Like!!!!!!!!

Love it! The Beverly Hillbillies was one of my favorite shows as a child.

Thank you for posting this! Fine job with this tune--brings back great memories of a simpler time.

Awesome job on this Doug!!!

How's number 3 coming along?

Aloha Dougie,
Woo hoo cool man...I loved it.. any I like cabin and jed outfit in your video...holy moly

I agree, brilliant! Where do you live? It is beautiful. And is that the uke you made. I like the look and the sound.

Thanks, y'all, it's really is a fun tune. :)

@gyosh Yes, Gary, I've started on #3, just finished a couple of neck blanks. How's yours coming?

@roxhum I've recorded a lot of my videos at my property in the Sierra Foothills, NE of Marysville, but I don't live there. I built a small cabin down by the creek, which is source of the ambient noise you can hear in the video.

hey Doug, this is sooo good mate. Just the right balance of sassy and cheeky, awesome...he he. The costume and setting fits it like a glove, made me smile. :)

hey Doug, this is sooo good mate. Just the right balance of sassy and cheeky, awesome...he he. The costume and setting fits it like a glove, made me smile. :)

Costume? Them's my Sunday clothes! :)

Thanks, Jon. This was definitely one where I knew it would be a fine line between tribute and parody. My brother lived in Tennessee for a few years, and apparently a lot of people there did not like "The Beverly Hillbillies" at all. But given that Flatt and Scruggs not only performed the theme song, but also appeared on the show a few times, I figured the song has some real bluegrass cred. And although the show made fun of the Clampett's hillbilly ways, they were the ones who usually bested the city folk in the end, and they clearly had the most common sense. Well, except for Jethro. :)

Brings back memories. Nice choice. Thanks for posting, Doug!

Top Bottom