San Diego Ukulele Festival October 13-14 2012...

Holy crap! Everyone who's anyone will be there! Who's next, Kalei!?

Already booked at Motel 6. I don't plan on sleeping that weekend. At 56, why start now!

Aldrine Guerrero is on the ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ric

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-San-Diego-Ukulele-Festival/111733668912024

I'm going to faint.

This made me think-- since it's too costly for most uke stars to tour solo-- like Vsns Warped Tour, Mayhem Tour, or such, someone should arrange a tour Of the major markets/ cities with 4-5 ukulele stars for an all day fest.

Will any of the uke companies be there? The artists sound really good but I am also very interested in what vendors are planning to attend.

I talked to the promoters and coordinators this evening. The ukulele companies that will be at the festival so far are (in no particular order):

Kanile'a
Imua
Ohana
The Happy Ukulele - Iriguchi Ukuleles
...and Aquila

The artist schedule so far (there are more like the Moonlight Beach group that will be performing, but have not been scheduled yet):

Saturday - Ronnie Seno, Brad Norris, Pat Enos, Sarah Maisel, The Uke Rascals, Brian Vasquez, Derick Sebastian, Ukulele Bartt, Brittni Paiva, Taimane Gardner.

Sunday - USA Ukulele, Sarah Maisel, Mitch Chang, Erich Blase, Danielle Ate the Sandwich, Julia Nunes, The Kalama Brothers, Willie K, Aldrine Guerrero.

There are more artists and vendors being added. I believe they told me there are 5 food vendors already. Ric

I talked to the promoters and coordinators this evening. The ukulele companies that will be at the festival so far are (in no particular order):

Kanile'a
Imua
Ohana
The Happy Ukulele - Iriguchi Ukuleles
...and Aquila

The artist schedule so far (there are more like the Moonlight Beach group that will be performing, but have not been scheduled yet):

Saturday - Ronnie Seno, Brad Norris, Pat Enos, Sarah Maisel, The Uke Rascals, Brian Vasquez, Derick Sebastian, Ukulele Bartt, Brittni Paiva, Taimane Gardner.

Sunday - USA Ukulele, Sarah Maisel, Mitch Chang, Erich Blase, Danielle Ate the Sandwich, Julia Nunes, The Kalama Brothers, Willie K, Aldrine Guerrero.

There are more artists and vendors being added. I believe they told me there are 5 food vendors already. Ric

This event is like the Superbowl of modern ukulele.

Ric,
What's with the Kickstarter ?
Does this mean it won't be determined until the week before, when the funding period ends, whether the festival is a go.
They've made it too difficult on those of us who want to travel in.
Looks like it may be a locals only event, much like last years.

Top Bottom