Another JoeyBug Medical Alert

Joey, it's good to see that they're on to it, hope you'll soon be feeling the benefit of the treatment! Lots of sleep needed for your body to heal.... sweet dreams!

Hi everyone :D

Just to let you know I'm now awaiting the results of all the tests, will let you know when I know more...going to go back and rest now :D

Joey

Hi everyone

Just a quick update, the results of my sleep study are in and they've decided to try increasing the pressure on my CPAP machine and see if that helps me get a better night's sleep. Fingers crossed it will lead to me being less tired and able to start doing more things online again.

The other results won't be in until I see my doc in September.

Thanks for all the support guys :D

Joey

Ah, a friend of mine wears one of those at night for Sleep Apnoea.

Yeah, I do too, I have severe obstructive sleep apnea which is why I wear one but it hadn't been doing the trick so at least the tired part of my problems may have been solved. Just got to work out the breathlessness and other issues out and I'll be on the road to being back to normal...or at least what passes for normal in my life!

CPAP Ukers of the world unite! We're a small but feisty bunch.

Hi Joey, Hope that helps and you get some good rest. Good to have you back

Hi Joey

Hope the CPAP adjustment works out for you. I know someone that couldn't tolerate the CPAP, and he uses an appliance that moves his jaw into a different position (jaw is pushed forward) which has helped. It immediately stopped the snoring. That might be another thing to consider, but it probably isn't compatible with using CPAP at the same time.

–Lori

Hi Joey

Hope the CPAP adjustment works out for you. I know someone that couldn't tolerate the CPAP, and he uses an appliance that moves his jaw into a different position (jaw is pushed forward) which has helped. It immediately stopped the snoring. That might be another thing to consider, but it probably isn't compatible with using CPAP at the same time.

–Lori

It's not the snoring, it's the whole stopping breathing and dropping SATS at night that are the problem, the CPAP mask I have is fine, it's just that the pressure isn't enough to keep me breathing, hopefully this will work :D

Thanks for the tip, Lori!

I have the same sleep apnea disorder. I went to a BPAP rather than CPAP and it made all the difference. It's so nice to get a decent nights sleep and not wake up hour on the hour. Even fell asleep at the wheel once and drove into a ditch. Glad it's just a matter of increasing the pressure; if it doesn't do the trick, perhaps a BPAP would work more efficiently.

Sure miss your dailies; it always made my day.

I have the same sleep apnea disorder. I went to a BPAP rather than CPAP and it made all the difference. It's so nice to get a decent nights sleep and not wake up hour on the hour. Even fell asleep at the wheel once and drove into a ditch. Glad it's just a matter of increasing the pressure; if it doesn't do the trick, perhaps a BPAP would work more efficiently.

Sure miss your dailies; it always made my day.

Yeah I think that's the plan, if the pressure increase doesn't do the trick, we'll switch over to BIPAP...

Thanks, I'm just waiting for the new book to come out and then I can restart them :D

Welllllll....

Earlier today we were chatting on Skype and she had a bit of a chest infection bug thingie. But she already had a doctor's appointment to get the right meds, and so she wasn't thrilled and she wasn't 100%, but she felt it was under control.

Then the pharmacy didn't have the drugs. And that wasn't ideal, but it's been worse.....

Now it IS worse. Like maybe a field trip to the hospital worse. She wishes breathing was optional. She can go downhill so damn fast. :(

This is familiar territory for her, but she'll be AFK for a bit longer. Please continue to send breathable air her way and she'll really appreciate it. Or if the forum could breathe for her. Or give her gills. And clean water. Whichever. :)

Joey, I'd send you another blast of cool clean air from Oregon but we don't have any. Too much smoke from Russian wildfires and wildfires all over the western U.S. So, here's hoping that there's clean air somewhere in the world that we can send your way. I'll join that CPAP users group too. Nearly 11 years on mine. All the best to you my dear.

Luckily the antibiotics are working so now she has a normal (for her) illness to work through. She's doing fine, but it does keep her away from UU. I just wanted everyone to know that she's better... just not able to be on the computer much yet.

Hi everyone :D

Tis true, I'm sick again with a chest infection. Thankfully, the antibiotics have kicked in and along with the short course of steroids I have just finished I should be well on the way to being back to normal, just hope the rest of it clears up as quickly!

The new CPAP pressure and mask seem to be doing the trick with the fatigue, but I'm still pretty breathless, well I was before I got the chest infection, but now it's hard to tell which is the before and which is just being sick. I haven't had my scan results, will see my resp consultant on the 19th September and should get them then.

I can't sleep right now, so I'm up for the time being and trying to get some writing done, so you may start to see me around a bit more!

Thanks again for all the love, thoughts, prayers and support these past few weeks, I really appreciate it!

Joey

Thoughts, Love, and Prayers are a given kiddo. Grab your self your best Uke and play your favorite song to heal. Let us know the song and we'll join you in spirit.

Keep Uking and feel better.

Top Bottom