Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And here it is - New Baritone Uke Day!

Default And here it is - New Baritone Uke Day!

8am this morning my Pono MB arrived. Thanks Southeren Ukulele Store

A few pictures below. Had to take them in the shade of the garden as the sun was too bright and washing out the colour and detail. Please forgive the scruffy dog towel as background.

The grain is subtley beautiful, not an in your face stunner but just what I wanted. The sound is lush though too much like a guitar for my ears. I haven't seen the postman yet this morning to enquire if my living water strings have arrived though I know Ken was away last weekend so may not have processed the order yet.

One minor thing is that having got used to friction tuners on my Mainland and Moana Sopranos the geared tuners on these do seem to stick out a bit. It's not a returnable offense however

Even my wife has said it's lovely which is the most interest she has shown in my 10 weeks of ukulele madness. Maybe a baritone is the key to getting her involved as she has a guitar background.

So, pictures:

P1030381.jpgP1030382.jpgP1030379.jpgP1030380.jpg

Wow...nice and clean looking bari uke...
    Last edited by thiam; 07-24-2012 at 02:01 AM.

Hippie Dribble Guest

Congrats Ben, it's lovely. Ponos are great ukes!

It's got a slight scuff mark on the side of the finger board near the body. May have to see if it will polish off.

Congratulations! I love a clean, simple uke.
    Mainland Red Cedar Soprano
    Found-in-garage Baritone

Blueridge T-40 Tenor Guitar

Congrats Ben. Don't worry about the slight scuff mark. Odds are that you will untentiononally add a few in your hopefully long time together.

Happy Uking

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_H View Post
    8am this morning my Pono MB arrived. Thanks Southeren Ukulele Store

A few pictures below. Had to take them in the shade of the garden as the sun was too bright and washing out the colour and detail. Please forgive the scruffy dog towel as background.

The grain is subtley beautiful, not an in your face stunner but just what I wanted. The sound is lush though too much like a guitar for my ears. I haven't seen the postman yet this morning to enquire if my living water strings have arrived though I know Ken was away last weekend so may not have processed the order yet.

One minor thing is that having got used to friction tuners on my Mainland and Moana Sopranos the geared tuners on these do seem to stick out a bit. It's not a returnable offense however

Even my wife has said it's lovely which is the most interest she has shown in my 10 weeks of ukulele madness. Maybe a baritone is the key to getting her involved as she has a guitar background.

So, pictures:

P1030381.jpgP1030382.jpgP1030379.jpgP1030380.jpg
    Beautiful bari.. You definitely need to get your wife one. The highlight of our day is almost every day around cocktail hour. We tune up our ukes and play and sing for 1 or 2 hours. After a little "Chord lube" our music starts to sound much better (to us anyway).

We've been married 57 years and I truly believe that music might keep us going for another 57.

Play more, smile more.

Quote Originally Posted by bariukish View Post
    We've been married 57 years and I truly believe that music might keep us going for another 57.

Play more, smile more.
    It is a beautiful Uke, but this quote- best thing on the internet today

Very nice looking! I tried to get my fiancee interested in ukuleles or guitars. She took to the guitar a little more but in the end just didn't have enough interest in it to continue. Sometimes i think it is better if our sig. other stays out of our hobby. That way it is something that is truely our own. Let them keep whatever it does to themselves as well.
    Chris

Soprano: Martin S1, Brüko No. 6, Brüko No. 1 (flat black), Applause UA10 and UAE20 (Adamas Red), Harmony Roy Smeck (with plastic fretboard), ANueNue U900 Bear pineapple, Luna Pineapple Tattoo, Badaax solid mahogany, Flea (Ukelyptus), Kumalae Style 2 (repaired), two old birch Regals, Grizzly Kit, Cigarbox

Concert: Fluke (Island), Ephiphone Les Paul (Vintage Sunburst)

Tenor: Kala KA-TG

Thread Information