Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Afraid to post but anxious to be involved!

Default Afraid to post but anxious to be involved!

I'm a 40 year old mother of two, living in Rockville, MD. I've been playing ukulele since I was a child but have recently become interested in bringing my playing ability to a higher level.
    If anyone can suggest a uke fest to go to I'd appreciate it. I had an absolute blast at the NAMM show and Nashville was super cool too!

I own about 6 instruments, some I've had for many years. Among them is a Martin Tenor thats in rough shape but something I'll never part with. I've got a newer Nalu concert my older child is learning on and a pair of Kala, a Fluke and a hand made no name tenor made in Hawaii. The no name was given to me as a child and next to the Martin, blows it away. It's my third baby!

Happy to be here and hoping I'm welcomed to contribute to the great mix already here. So glad I found it!

Lori

Welcome Lori!
    Don't be afraid to post. This board is very friendly -- and it sounds like you have a lot of info and experience to share!
    Mainland Red Cedar Soprano
    Found-in-garage Baritone

Blueridge T-40 Tenor Guitar

Hi Lori. You just missed the Lake Anne UkeFest in Reston, Va but the Strathmore is having one August 11. http://www.strathmore.org/eventstick...ew.asp?id=8459

If you'd like to join a very friendly bunch of uke enthusiast, there's a group that meets frequently in Reston - http://www.nova-uke.org/ They have beginners lessons and open mics as well as paid performances and benefit shows.

Welcome Lori to UU. It is nice to share your talent with the young ones in the family. Congrats.

Tampa Bay Uke Getaway first weekend in November in Tarpon Springs if you like Florida. Better reserve a spot quick though.
    Soooooo many ukes, sooooooo little time

Soprano: Pre-war Martin "O"; 81-82 Kamaka White Label; Grizzly kit;
    Concert: Pono MCD-E; Kala Reso-burst; Rally banjo; Bruce Wei Acacia teardrop; KPK acacia Cutaway; Mele Solid Mahogany 6 string; Ohana CM35-8 Taropatch; Goldtone Metal Resouke;
    Epiphone LP vintage burst; Asmus solid maple/spruce; Alida Jazz electric
    Tenor: Risa semi-hollowbody electric (red one); Mele Koa; Kala solid mahogany A/E cutaway

Bass: Oscar Schmidt Curley Maple;

Welcome to the UU Lori.

Hi Lori,
    Feel free to post anytime; this is a remarkably non-critical group. Must be that the uke vibe sets up a be-nice harmonic in our brains.

UkeFest Virginia will have its first event Nov 2-3 near Richmond. That's not too far from you. I don't have any idea what it will be like as they haven't done it before.
    http://www.ukefestva.com/
    ~Ginny

Leave every place better than you found it.

Welcome, Lori! Don't be afraid. Most of us are very nice.

You have an impressive 'uke collection and it sounds like you have a lot of experience to share with us! You'll learn a lot, too. Glad you're on board.

Best,
    Lily

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_uker View Post
    ... and a hand made no name tenor made in Hawaii. The no name was given to me as a child and next to the Martin, blows it away. It's my third baby!
    There are several uke historians on the forum. If you post pics of your no-name in a new thread, I'll bet someone can help you figure it out.

Thread Information