Afraid to post but anxious to be involved!

Lil_uker

Reaction score
I'm a 40 year old mother of two, living in Rockville, MD. I've been playing ukulele since I was a child but have recently become interested in bringing my playing ability to a higher level.
If anyone can suggest a uke fest to go to I'd appreciate it. I had an absolute blast at the NAMM show and Nashville was super cool too!

I own about 6 instruments, some I've had for many years. Among them is a Martin Tenor thats in rough shape but something I'll never part with. I've got a newer Nalu concert my older child is learning on and a pair of Kala, a Fluke and a hand made no name tenor made in Hawaii. The no name was given to me as a child and next to the Martin, blows it away. It's my third baby!

Happy to be here and hoping I'm welcomed to contribute to the great mix already here. So glad I found it!

Lori

Welcome Lori!
Don't be afraid to post. This board is very friendly -- and it sounds like you have a lot of info and experience to share!

Welcome Lori to UU. It is nice to share your talent with the young ones in the family. Congrats.

Tampa Bay Uke Getaway first weekend in November in Tarpon Springs if you like Florida. Better reserve a spot quick though.

Hi Lori,
Feel free to post anytime; this is a remarkably non-critical group. Must be that the uke vibe sets up a be-nice harmonic in our brains.

UkeFest Virginia will have its first event Nov 2-3 near Richmond. That's not too far from you. I don't have any idea what it will be like as they haven't done it before.
http://www.ukefestva.com/

... and a hand made no name tenor made in Hawaii. The no name was given to me as a child and next to the Martin, blows it away. It's my third baby!

There are several uke historians on the forum. If you post pics of your no-name in a new thread, I'll bet someone can help you figure it out.

Welcome to Ukulele Underground Lori!

Yes, post pics. We love looking at other people's ukes!

Feel free to post, Lori! We don't bite!

:shaka:

Top Bottom