NOT UKE RELATED- I was quoted in an article in Forbes Magazine and I wanted to Share.

mendel

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

As many of you may know, I have been hard at work on my Doctoral Dissertation. As a result, I was contacted to provide insight into an article that was published on the Forbes Magazine website yesterday. Here is a link to the article. It has had over 100,000 hits in the past 24 hours! If only my YouTube Uke videos could do the same!!! Alas, there is only 1 Jake Shimabukuro...

If you are interested, I'd appreciate it if you would read it. Thank you all!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevecooper/2012/07/31/why-wrestlers-make-the-best-employees/

Mendel

Congrats, Mendel!

(I know anecdotes prove/disprove nothing -- but my brother was a high school wrestler and the whole weight class thing made him a terror to live with. The boy was always hungry and, understandably, grouchy as heck. This was not character building for any of us! Glad to hear it is different for most other folks.)

Last edited:
Very cool! I guess soon we'll have to start calling you Doctor !?!

That is awsome.

I was high school wrestler and now it all makes so much sense why people I work for seem to think highly of me. :) Seriously though it does require a lot of commitment and is one of the more physically demanding sports I know of. Most of the 'jocks' would last a year if that before quitting saying it was to much work for them.

This is cool! I will share it with my youngest brother.

Thanks so much for the kind words, everyone! I am really excited about it. If all goes well, after August 11, I will be Dr. Mendelson!

Top Bottom