Oh for f...

Woah, doggies! I agree! And I just had a brain-fart watching that video...off to the drawing board!

Apparently you are supposed to make these without drawings. That would be over-engineering.

But I suppose you need to bend the spoon just right to hold the string!

Last edited:
You don't need to be that much technical, go ahead and give it a shot! It would be more like a Sunday project, though.
I looked on Youtube and saw one video that said it takes 10 minutes to build one, once you've got all the bits - and I can believe that.... but - really silly question coming up - presumably, you need an amp? In which case, I'll just have to forget it! I would have LOVED making one of those......

I looked on Youtube and saw one video that said it takes 10 minutes to build one, once you've got all the bits - and I can believe that.... but - really silly question coming up - presumably, you need an amp? In which case, I'll just have to forget it! I would have LOVED making one of those......

Not at all! You may want to put some type of resonator below the bridge, but it still would work without one.

There are plenty with paint can resonators and other weird devices. I can see me building a lot of these!

so glad i stumbled across this thread :) absolutely stunning,listening to the seasick steve track as i type kahuna keep us posted on your build, im going to have to give it a go at some point in the future, i wonder if a mini one could be built, in honour of the uke ?
many thanks for starting this thread and getting us all hooked on diddley's :)

Kahuna, I love this and I swear, by hook or by crook, with my own two fair hands, I am going to build one of these things.....Oh yes I am....... not in the next week or two, but in the next few months...... I've got my own tool-box. Declaration made.

I haven't got an amp - perhaps I'll pick one up on ebay - or go for an accoustic one, I don't know yet - have to go into it. But a woman has made one, more than one - if she can do it, I can do it....... Good luck with yours spookefoote! :D

An awesome site. I think I might have to build a 3 string guitar as well. I might see if I can find an old Fisher Price Activity Centre for the body ;)

Top Bottom