Collings UT-2 SB Custom Mahogany Tenor - S/N 625

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhenDogsSing

Reaction score
FINAL PRICE REDUCTION

I am offering my Collings UT-2 SB custom mahogany tenor, S/N 625, for sale. I am selling it to help finance a recent purchase of another Collings custom tenor. I can not justify having 2 Collings instruments, my wallet is not that fat...!!!

I purchased this Collings on EBay a few months back. I paid $1540 total for it which included shipping. Here is a link to the EBay posting for the instrument.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Collings-UT...faultDomain_0&hash=item4cfe5bcb22#ht_606wt_93

Here is a video that I just took this morning of the instrument which includes a sound sample of the instrument.

http://youtu.be/bHfEq5IESwc

I have not played this instrument a lot. I love to get it out and play it at certain times but it has not received much play time since I got it, all things considered. It is still in excellent plus condition with absolutely no issues. It does show some extremely light play wear in the upper treble bout area but you have to look at it in a certain light to see that slight wear. In the video, at about the 1 minute point, you can barely make it out.

As I said, I paid $1540 for it. I am asking $1340 for buyers within the CONUS and I will eat the PayPal fees and will ship it to you at that price. If you are outside the CONUS, we'll have to discuss shipping arrangements and costs.

In accordance with UU rules, attached is the requisite photo of the instrument in its case with my UU username.

COLLINGS 001.jpg

I accept and prefer PayPal.

Thanks for looking...!!!

Last edited:
Its a beauty and for an "as new" Collings with sunburst finish its very fairly priced. To get one today you would have to wait a year.
Good luc with your sale.
Bob Myers

Price reduced to $1440. I will pay shipping for CONUS buyers. Outside of CONUS, we can discuss shipping arrangements and cost.

Shes a beauty. One day ill have one...one day!

Final price reduction to $1340. I will pay shipping within CONUS. For buyers outside of CONUS, we can discuss shipping arrangements and cost. Thanks for looking...!!!

Someone needs to get this uke fast! Amazing deal for a Collings tenor. If I were a fan of sunbursts I'd consider it myself. Good luck with the sale!

Good luck with the sale. Did you have to modify the nut to string in low G?

Good luck with the sale. Did you have to modify the nut to string in low G?

No. It has a wound low G. I haven't modified the nut. I've found through experience that you can go with a low G without modifying the nut regardless of whether or not you use a wound or unwound low G string. People on here seem to think you have to modify the nut to go from a high G to a low G but that is just simply not true.

I can confirm that the Collings requires no modification to accommodate a low G - I've used one on my UT1 - although I prefer the sound of the high G on that uke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom