Song Help Request 'Light My Fire' - Intro tab (HELP)

HD87

Reaction score
Hello, I'm having trouble finding the tabs for 'Light My Fire' by The Doors.
I have found chords but really want to learn the intro.
If anyone is up to the challenge, watch the first 10 secs of the video below & please tab out the intro.

Last edited:
It's a fairly simple, almost repetitive run based around a chord shape.
E.G starts with a G6 0777 with passing notes to F6 X555 etc to Eb6 0333 finally Asus A.

Download the vid then play it half speed in vlc or media player all should become obvious.

Hope this helps.

It's a fairly simple, almost repetitive run based around a chord shape.
E.G starts with a G6 0777 with passing notes to F6 X555 etc to Eb6 0333 finally Asus A.

Download the vid then play it half speed in vlc or media player all should become obvious.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, yea I can see where he bars, its the finger licks I'm having trouble with..

Last edited:
You might get more responses if you try saying "please", instead of coming across as though all the other forum members are here to perform a service for you.

Just sayin'

@spookefoote - wasn't implying that you don't.

@jonyoon - looking forward to your interpretation.

@The Big Kahuna (updated first post) its a simple challenge. I won't be upset if no one's up to it. This is the 'song help' section, right?

@spookefoote - wasn't implying that you don't.

@jonyoon - looking forward to your interpretation.

@The Big Kahuna - updated first post ;) it's a simple challenge. I won't be upset if no one's up to it.

This is the 'song help' section, right?

The quick and dirty version of this...

Code:
|--------5---------------8-5-3-----------2----------]
|--7---7---8-7-5---5---5-------5---4---4---5-4-2----]
|----7-----------7---5-----------5---4-----------4--]
|---------------------------------------------------]

The chords for the intro fits as G, F, E (using the D-shape and barring) and then switching back and forth from the A chord to Am chord before it leads into the first verse.

I tried both versions, not really hearing it.. maybe I'm just a newb..
looking at the video closer I see he bars the 7th fret and plays around with strings C & E hammering on to the 10th, 9th & 8th fret with some pull offs, it sounds awesome in the video.
If anybody wants to make a quick video with a close up (or not..) :) play your version, I just can't hear it & its driving me nuts xD

P.S. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
x77x x7xx x9xx xx7x xx(10)x xx8x xx7x x9xx x7xx

^sounds like its what's being played for the first part. He's holding the 0777 chord shape and sounds like some strums mute the A string completely.

The next part sounds to me that you could play that same respective fingering using 0555 and 0333 as your platform. So from the beginning x77x then the run above then x55x and the run above fingering then x33x then run above. I suggest plucking both x77x notes together in a pinching fashion instead of strumming but I just find that easier.

EDIT: I thought I heard the A string on the 0555 part do I watched it again. Try:
x55x x5xx x7xx xx5x xxx8 xxx5 xx8x then a pulloff from xx6x to xx5x followed by normal strum/picking of x7xx x5xx

Before playing the Aminor chord to end the intro theres a quick hammeron pulloff on the C string.. I can't say exactly what frets but it looks to be 3 ho 5 po 3 or some variation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom