Fixing Intonation

Yestyn The Great

Reaction score
A few months ago I purchased a Cordoba 25tk-ce from HMS. When it arrived I was sad to discover that the bridge was crooked along with some other problems. By the bridge I don't mean the saddle (the little white peace). I mean the rosewood bridge was glued on incorrectly. It is slightly to far to the right and crooked. I tried contacting HMS but never heard back from them. The intonation is terrible. The g string gets flatter as you go up the neck and the other strings get to sharp. Is there any way I can possibly fix the intonation? Thank you.

If you are reading this post just know that Andrew from HMS contacted me immediately after finding this out and he is going to replace this instrument.

Last edited:
A few months ago I purchased a Cordoba 25tk-ce from HMS. When it arrived I was sad to discover that the bridge was crooked along with some other problems. By the bridge I don't mean the saddle (the little white peace). I mean the rosewood bridge was glued on incorrectly. It is slightly to far to the right and crooked. I tried contacting HMS but never heard back from them. The intonation is terrible. The g string gets flatter as you go up the neck and the other strings get to sharp. Is there any way I can possibly fix the intonation? Thank you.

It is possible, but not usually worth it, I'm afraid.

Oh, never mind thought that was a period. I don't think I could make it any worse. Any suggestions?

I cant help you because i dont know. There are some on here that may be able to help you. Have you tried to contact the place you bought it from?

I think Ken was trying to say that the cost of having the bridge relocated to the proper position may cost more than the uke is worth. have you spoken with HMS and gotten their recommedation? perhaps they would exchange it or offer to repair it, I don't know. imo, budget ukes are a risky buy because of problems like this. I bought a Cordoba tenor and it had intonation issues but I thought it was worth the risk because I wanted to see if the uke was something I could learn to play. after I was satisfied I could, I bought a higher quality instrument that intonated properly. to that end, HMS was very helpful and I haven't really touched the Cordoba other than to move it out of the way. good luck!

Yes I tried contacting HMS. And could not get ahold of them. I could try and contact them again but that was months ago and I think it is to late to replace it.

What really angers me is that this is the highest quality ukulele I could afford. I was planning on using it to perform but I've been barrowing other people's ukes to perform with

Top Bottom