Looking for info on an Orpheum Baritone uke I own

robbyukulele

Reaction score
I am looking to ind out any info on my Orpheum Baritone uke: Compared to what I find when searching online, my uke has a very unique nameplate on the head stock. ( see pic attached) : Other than the nameplate , my uke looks exactly like the one in the pics online i found here> http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/577126327ozpgKQ

My Uke has an amazing sound,-- I am more a guitar player, but i have learned my way around its fretboard -- and is definitely high quality. I am wonder if any one out there knows any info on the uke. Was it a limited edition? RobbyUkuleleOrpheumBaritoneUkeHeadstock.jpg

Last edited:
Orpheum Ukulele

I have the exact same ukulele as pictured in you pic Robby....
It is the first one I have seen except for mine....

NT

These ukes were probably made in the USA by a major builder, most likely the Chicago area. I have seen many Orpheum banjos and a few guitars. The quality is about the same as the Harmony brand in the same era, so I would not classify it a high quality. If yours play OK, that's good, most of the older ukes are in poor conidition.

I was thinking comparable to Harmony myself......

These ukes were probably made in the USA by a major builder, most likely the Chicago area. I have seen many Orpheum banjos and a few guitars. The quality is about the same as the Harmony brand in the same era, so I would not classify it a high quality. If yours play OK, that's good, most of the older ukes are in poor conidition.

Although mine is in exceptional condition unlike many of the older ukuleles....and sound very good ....:)

Orpheum Baritone

Thank you guys for the input! But still my head-stock nameplate is very unique ( please check the pic in my 1st post), and quite different than the other Orpheum Baritone ukes cited here. And because of the headstock, I am guessing there is something more about my uke we have yet to uncover.

Thank you guys for the input! But still my head-stock nameplate is very unique ( please check the pic in my 1st post), and quite different than the other Orpheum Baritone ukes cited here. And because of the headstock, I am guessing there is something more about my uke we have yet to uncover.

I have the exact same ukulele as pictured in you pic Robby.... exact means the same plate on the headstock my friend...:)

Top Bottom