FS/FT: Six String Baritone Ukulele formally known as "Nice"

Status
Not open for further replies.

provines

Reaction score
NOW ON EBAY.....

I picked this uke up off Ebay for way more than I shoud have paid, $300.00, because I wanted a six string baritione. Even though, I sold a six string tenor a while back because I didn't like the six strings.... go figure UAS. I posted it on the uke talk forum here on UU to see if anyone recoginized it and it is a rebranded "Nice" uke made in the Philippines. There was a "N" stenciled on the headstock and the shape of the headstock gave it away. It was advertised as a solid Koa uke but it is really acacia.

It has a slight seperation on the lower bout where your right arm lays across the body. (See photo) I glued it but couldn't get the top as sealed tight as I would like but its solid. I then took off the tuners, glued a Goncalo Alves pickguard on, and stripped the whole uke down to the original wood. I then stained it green, ebony and red mahogany. I wanted it to look like you left it outside in the jungle and something started growing on it. I glued a fossiled shark's tooth to the headstock and my Pirates of the Caribbean coin on the back of the headstock to give it a little pirate flavor. I then used a hand rubbed poly finish on the whole instrument. The result is a backwater look baritone uke. It has some glue marks and sanding marks but that's okay for the look I wanted.

It sounds good. I just put a new set of Aquillas on it. I'm selling it because I just don't like the six strings. I just picked up AncientMatingCalls Kala here yesterday and d-mace's baritone tonight so this one will just sit in its case.

Just dropped it on Ebay, here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110935708987

IMG_8616.jpgIMG_8618.jpgIMG_8620.jpgIMG_8622.jpgIMG_8626.jpg

Last edited:
More Photos....

More photos..... The photos without the flash reflect the true color of this uke. The green tint is really the green tint of the uke and not the camera.

IMG_8627.JPGIMG_8628.JPGIMG_8629.jpgIMG_8632.jpg

Last edited:
I was very interested until I read the USA only restriction...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom