Thank You!

mendel

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I wanted to take a moment and say thanks to those of you who have offered me a kind word or encouragement over the past year or two. On Saturday, I successfully defended my Doctoral Dissertation. This experience was a tremendous strain on my family and I am thankful that we made it through to the end and still were able to stay together as a family. For those of you who have gone through a PhD program, I am sure that you can understand the stress, strain, and amount of time necessary to complete one. There were some days when the most uplifting things I heard or read came from this site. While you are still real world strangers, I wanted to thank you for being my internet family/ friends/ support system.

Now I hope to find a better paying job in the near future, and enjoy my wife, son, and my Donaldson "Hugs and Kisses" Ukulele, which has been horribly neglected for the past few months.

Sincerely,

Richard A. Mendelson, Ph.D.

Congratulations, DOCTOR!

Congratulations! I've only been through law school and the bar exam process; I've heard that PhD programs are like that only they last a lot longer. Good on you for juggling all the things in your life while going through such a stressful experience!

Congrats, Doctor - now you can Pile it higher and Deeper! :)

Seriously, congratulations.

Congratulations - from a 5th year PhD candidate who is still working his way through the program.

Awesome!!!!!! :smileybounce:
Way to go!! Glad you completed and achieved your goal!! :D

Congrats, doc! :shaka:

Is there a Doctor in the forum? Why yes, there is now. Congrats. That's one helleva acheivement. Now go and enjoy the rest of your life, you earned it.

Thanks guys! I wish I could pile the MONEY higher and deeper; however, as any graduate student knows, you are typically BROKE during school! Now that school has ended, I have to find a more lucrative way to leverage my newly earned degree. Once that happens and I get my family's money right, I may actually invest in UUU... I guess there is a part of me that needs to always feel like I am still learning. While the PhD may bring me a better quality of life, the UUU classes are sure to bring me a better quality of Ukulele playing ability! Only when I feel like I am able to actually do justice to my Donaldson custom, will I splurge on another fine instrument. I have had my eyes on a bunch of amazing luthiers, but I must be honest- I cannot imagine any luthier being willing to spend the time and effort to create an instrument more beautiful than my "Hugs and Kisses" uke. Bradford Donaldson is the REAL genius..... He is a true student of luthier technique and a skilled craftsman to boot. Here's an idea for me... My son is 2 now. Perhaps when he turns 4 or so, I will start to teach him some basics. At 5, if he enjoys it, I may pass my "Hugs and Kisses" uke down to him. That will give me an excuse to make a purchase of another Uke from Bradford!

Keep after it.... I haven't seen the benefits yet, but I am sure they are out there. The truth is, I have never met anyone with an earned PhD who says that if they could undo the time and effort it took to get it but lose the benefits of having it, that they would be willing to do so. Stay strong, and know that it will eventually end.

Congrats and best wishes!

Aloha Dr Mendelson,
Congrats on you acheivement of your higher education......I do understand you are probally in financial ruin at the moment paying for it....Joking
Good Luck on finding your dream Job with high status and pay, as you made it over the education hill....maybe you will throw us a UU get together in future.. Joking...
I am sure your family is elated and celebrating your success:):)

Top Bottom