New Uke day.

philrab66

Reaction score
Hi all got a new Uke today. I opted for a Bruko concert but with the same neck design as the No6. First thoughts, very well made Uke. I know a lot of people are against the pyramid strings I did use them for a while. I did find it really quiet compared to my old Uke which has a spruce top and deeper body.
I decided to put the strings off my other Uke on it which were Martins 600. The more I play it the more I like it is this normal with a new Uke?
The neck is a bit thicker than my old one but not too much.

I think I am really going to like it when I get used to it . Would be nice to be able to play something on it which would show its potential.
I seem to learn a lot of little bits of songs and not get all the way through. I am learning Whispering Grass instrumental at the moment which I am determined to get to the end of.

Phil.

Attachments

• SAM_0098.jpg
    SAM_0098.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 42
That looks great. Is it bright like their soprano's ?
I'm expecting a no 6 soprano to arrive in about a week. D*mn UAS, there is no shaking it. I bought a guitar thinking it would get my mind off the uke for a while, but I've bought 2 more ukes back to back since and am probably playing the uke more now than before I had the guitar.

Sweet looking uke. The Bruko grows on you more and more. I've foudn it is my go to ukulele. I have two the No. 6 soprano and a flat black maple one and I alternate between them. All my others are lonely.

That looks great. Is it bright like their soprano's ?
I'm expecting a no 6 soprano to arrive in about a week. D*mn UAS, there is no shaking it. I bought a guitar thinking it would get my mind off the uke for a while, but I've bought 2 more ukes back to back since and am probably playing the uke more now than before I had the guitar.

It is plinky if that is a word. The plink you get with a banjo, I find it rather quiet but I am sure it will open up nicely.

Top Bottom