FS: MELE 6-STRING Solid Koa with Sitka Spruce Top with Paua Inlay

danged

Reaction score
I am selling my Mele 6-String Ukulele from my collection, as football season is upon us and I need a new TV. For sale is a beautiful Mele 6 string, made from solid Koa back & sides, solid Sitka Spruce top, accented with real Paua inlay and Ebony binding, fretboard and bridge.
Mmele package.jpgmele front 1.jpgmele front.jpg
This beautiful ukulele has a resonant, full sound. The Sitka spruce top makes for a slightly brighter, louder tone quality as compared to mahogany or koa; that's why most guitars and violins have spruce tops. Koa back and sides. Slim, stable steel-reinforced fixed trust rod, mahogany neck for superb playability. Mele is very popular with local Hawaiian musicians.

Original price was $999, and I am selling it for $499 shipped (CONUS) price includes Hard plush case and a new set of Ko'olau Gold strings, currently strung with Ko'olau Mehana strings. Ukulele is in excellent condition, minor scuff marks on sound board to the left of the sound hole (see photo)
mele scuffs 2.jpgmele scuffs.jpg

Link to Mele Ukulele of Maui: http://http://meleukulele.com/

I know that I'm going to own another Mele... just have to decide if this is the one... my UAS is only slowed by my incoming KoAloha Sceptre from HMS. But... I have to say, I bet this baby sounds SWEET!

Sent you a PM with a question...........................BO................

This uke sounds very vintage "Hawaiian". mele front 1.jpgmele side 2.jpgmmele back.jpgmele top.jpg
I know that I'm going to own another Mele... just have to decide if this is the one... my UAS is only slowed by my incoming KoAloha Sceptre from HMS. But... I have to say, I bet this baby sounds SWEET!

Last edited:
Gorgeous! I'd be all over this if I had a job and the adult kid wasn't siphoning our wallets. I sold my Mele and still miss it, they are awesome players.

Nice bunch of "Wall Hangers" in the background!

Top Bottom