Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: New Black Bear Macadamia Wood Soprano Ukulele

Default FS: New Black Bear Macadamia Wood Soprano Ukulele

SOLD

This is a new soprano size uke made of solid Macadamia wood for the body. The neck
    is Mango wood with a graphite truss rod. Rosewood fingerboard and bridge. White
    plastic dots for the fret markers with white side dots included. Bone nut and
    saddle. Three black wood rings for the sound hole rosette. Grover brand chrome
    friction tuners with smaller, uke friendly plastic cream-colored knobs. Worth brand
    strings. The playing scale is 13 3/4". There are 12 frets to the body, 15 total.
    Gloss nitro-lacquer finish with a satin smooth feel. The finish does show some
    natural wood grain. Low easy playing action and a very full rich mellow mahogany
    quality to the sound. Your complete satisfaction is guaranteed. No case but I will
    double box for safe shipping. Made in the USA. $30 shipping in the USA lower 48
    states. Payment by money order, personal check or bank draft only, no Paypal. Email
    me if you need more information. Thanks for looking.

Price: $525
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BlackBearUkes; 09-03-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Duane, that's a sweet looking uke. Someone's going to get a fine instrument.

Hippie Dribble Guest

oh dear, where's my medication. Lord what a stunning instrument.

This should disappear in a heartbeat. Just a BTW, I was fortunate enough to play one of Duane's macadamia concert scale ukes. Just an incredible instrument in every respect...tonally, aesthetically...wonderful. Sold , like so many others, as I was in a terrible financial mess...a HUGE regret...had I the money in my hands this soprano would already be gone.

Macadamia wood is spectacular, deeply rich and elegant. Duane this is a beauty.
    Craig

Beau Hannam Spiral Rosette tenor
    Moore Bettah tenor "Ki Uke"
    Kinnard mahogany tenor
    Koa Works tenor
    Koa Works concert
    Pohaku custom mahogany concert

Absoulute Awesomeness....would love to have it, but the funds are tight now...awe awe

Thanks guys. Macadamia is a wonderful wood to work with, bends like butter even with the wild looking grain. The natural color is that golden warm yellow/orange, so I couldn't bear to add any additional color. As it ages it should really be nice. I bought this wood years ago with a bunch of mango and koa, so I figured I'd better start using it for ukes.

Hippie Dribble Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mm stan View Post
    Absoulute Awesomeness....would love to have it, but the funds are tight now...awe awe
    na mate, it's all good, you just gotta loosen your belt buckle a little...he he

Aloha Bruddah Jon,
    I know we both want it...ha ha oohhhhhh I may regret not having enough to get it.....awe awe

Hippie Dribble Guest

ha ha...I got it bad (and that aint good) but I know you got it worse mate

I now own the concert macadamia that Eugene sold. If this soprano is half as nice as the concert it is an absolute steal at $600. If I hadn't just paid for tuition, books, a custom uke and this macadamia black bear concert I would jump at owning my first soprano uke. Somebody buy this thing before I start looking for things to sell. =)
    -Justin Cecil

Thread Information