How many are satisfied with the Uke you have now?...

My ears and my fingers couldn't be happier with my Lanikai LU-21TE. I chose it after checking out dozens of ukuleles over the span of a year and a half. This is one of the most musical musical instruments I've ever experienced, in my hands or anyone else's. My eyes don't like it at all: The body shape is just wrong, the body is bound, and the output jack is in the wrong place (it should be a strap button!). But I can live with those deficiencies for $150! :D

My Martin Style 1 looks and sounds just lovely. Unfortunately, I can't play it much; the scale is just too short for me.

I love my Griffins and have a special build for next year. My g's fit so well, that I may have a hard time ordering my next.... Not lol! I thank Griffin ukes everytime I pass them; It just comes naturally they are so special.

that is a really nice uke for the price..wow... I dunno, I got quite a few ukes and may not have been as lucky as you...I keep always searching for the better uke...hence my UAS..

I'm just head over heels in love with my uke. It should cure my UAS, not sure why I want anything else. I'd like to bling it up a little, maybe. It sure makes me happy, even though I suck big time as a player, LOL! It goes everywhere with me, everyone knows we're a couple!

The bridge issue should be a warranty issue, as the bridge is placed by the factory. Have you called HMS about this? It seems if the bridge is placed incorrectly that should defintely be exhangeable for a new one.

Yes please! We want to help you. Please call or email and let us help. (808)781-9168 is my cell if we aren't open at the store.

But sorry for changing the subject. I usually play one I made about 15+ years ago. All mahogany tenor low G gold set. Love it. Others always float around the family but I have a secret desire for a Chuck Moore and this post didn't help! Damn they look good!! Mya Moe's look really cool too. I guess the brands we don't have are what have caught my eye lately. But love goes to what's in your hand. As your sitting in your room at night with frequency waves cleared out for it to take up the full range, that's when you really look at your instrument and think...how could this possibly be better. It's perfect!

Last edited:
Well, if you can't manage to get on the list for a Moore Bettah, then nobody can!
Ya, hopefully, I was just inquiring recently and it seems possible but not anytime soon.

I was just playing Pepe's Cigar box uke for the last few hours. Love it!! Sweet tones like a pineapple tenor, but with more of a soprano attack and sustain. Really fun and different.

I believe in having one uke and in having many ukes. But ultimately “If there is to be any peace it will come through being, not having.”

I'm so happy with my Mainland mahogany tenor, once I restrung it w SC strings, that it killed all "UAS" so I'm pretty much set. I gave my Dolphin to a friend's daughter, I sometimes play the electric but I'm thinking of even letting that go. I'm very happy with the one uke. I mean, I only have ONE piano......

Because I just play a tenor Lanakai solid spruce top with laminate back and sides I am so happy just looking at RichM's picture in posting #54.
PS: I love the bear claw top RichM. Also thank you GKK.

Last edited:
I can't just choose just one. I've got 3 out of my 12 or 13 that I go between all the time. My Kamaka HF-3, My Kanilea K-1 Super Concert and my Tom Guy Blugrass when I'm playing low G. These are the ones I always grab and probably wouldn't want to be without. There is one more that would make it 4 but my mom has been playing it and that would be my Collings UT-1. I gave her the choice of the others but the Collings is the one she choose due to her having 80 year fingers and it was the easiest fingering one of the group that she could play. I love to play it but I can't take it away from her at this point. She told me last night when I got home from work that she happened upon CNN and an interview with Jake and he was talking about how anyone can learn to play regardless of age. She then proceeded to pick up the Collings a play a little for me to show me how she has been progressing. She was smiling which in turn made me smile.
So I actually have 4 favorites that are 100% keepers.

The ukuleles I play the most are my Kamaka HF-3 tenor, my Kamaka HF-4 baritone, my Mya-Moe myrtle tenor (#635), and my Mya-Moe myrtle baritone (#669), although recently I've been spending a lot of time with a blemished solid mahogany Pono 6-string I bought on eBay (I have no idea where the blemish is, btw). I'm satisfied with all of them and don't think about additional upgrading. However, I do want a van Pelt, which i'd use to fill a hole in my roster (perhaps a 6-string or 8-string baritone). I'm also planning to go to the Big Island Ukulele Guild exhibition in Hilo in October. I may have to leave the credit cards at home.

I am totally happy with my Maton, can't fault it at all.

Top Bottom